GPU2 client on Windows 7/Mobility 4650

Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
14
Hello,

I just installed the above console client on my computer last night.

But, when I came back in the morning I found the following log:

Code:
Assembly optimizations on if available.
Entering M.D.
Tpr hash work/wudata_01.tpr:  1477690178 1856947437 247756397 2581364018 1993040081
Working on Protein
Client config found, loading data.
Starting GUI Server
Completed 1%
Completed 2%
Completed 3%
Completed 4%
Completed 5%
Completed 6%
Completed 7%
Completed 8%
Completed 9%
Completed 10%
Completed 11%
Completed 12%
Completed 13%
Completed 14%
Completed 15%
Completed 16%
Completed 17%
Completed 18%
Completed 19%
Completed 20%
Completed 21%
Completed 22%
Completed 23%
Completed 24%
Completed 25%
Completed 26%
Completed 27%
Completed 28%
Completed 29%
Got kill signal -- issuing INTERRUPTED core shutdown

Folding@home Core Shutdown: INTERRUPTED

I also was woken up by a house-mate who said that he couldn't get anything done on our local server (D-Link DNS-323) because my computer was constantly accessing its hard drive (?!).

We shut down the FaH GPU2 client, and the constant server-access stopped.

This is really confusing me.

1) Why would the locally installed GPU2 client even write/access the NAS? We couldn't determine exactly what the GPU2 client was doing on it. :confused:

2) Is the error somehow related to what the client was doing? Or is this a coincidence? What is the error coming from? Why would the GPU2 client just shut down on its own? :confused:
 
I think it is a coinky-dink. Regarding the GPU2 shutdown, do you have Windows Update set to automatically install and reboot upon updating?

All I can think of at the moment.
 
Back
Top