Same ol' sob story: My GPU (BFG GTX 285) under load is causing my sound card (Auzentech Home Theatre HD 7.1) to buzz. The odd thing is, if I remove the bracket and reseat the sound card free standing (tower laying on it's side), the buzzing stops. So I can only assume whatever interference the GPU is causing is being transferred to the sound card via contact with the case.
I wonder, what could be causing this? I know it's an issue with the GPU because the 285 makes an audible buzz when under load, the higher the FPS the louder the buzz. It matches the sound I'm hearing perfectly, both pitch and volume (which varies when the load changes). I can hear the buzz in my headphones and on my speakers. I have the Auzentech in the only available PCI-e slot on my mobo, right beneath the GPU (there are no other PCI-e slots that can accommodate it), so I cannot relocate it away from the video card.
Any thoughts? I've tried electrical tape and even painting the bracket to isolate it from the case, but all attempts have failed. I seriously wish I could located the root of the issue, whatever is causing my GPU to broadcast the interference. Does this indicate that something, somewhere isn't grounded properly?
I wonder, what could be causing this? I know it's an issue with the GPU because the 285 makes an audible buzz when under load, the higher the FPS the louder the buzz. It matches the sound I'm hearing perfectly, both pitch and volume (which varies when the load changes). I can hear the buzz in my headphones and on my speakers. I have the Auzentech in the only available PCI-e slot on my mobo, right beneath the GPU (there are no other PCI-e slots that can accommodate it), so I cannot relocate it away from the video card.
Any thoughts? I've tried electrical tape and even painting the bracket to isolate it from the case, but all attempts have failed. I seriously wish I could located the root of the issue, whatever is causing my GPU to broadcast the interference. Does this indicate that something, somewhere isn't grounded properly?
Last edited: