GPU passive cooling + OC

higney85

n00b
I am dealing with a FX5200 go (in a laptop) and this is the best card I can buy for my system. I feel that the card is definately the weak point for my system. I am using the latest forceware plus a modded .inf. The default settings were 196/392 and I have OC'd it to 235/475 stable. I have only a 64mb card. The GPU is cooled by only a thermal pad and I am wanting to do a mod for it (put on a copper heatsink and good thermal paste). I am also thinking about something for the ram (currently nothing on the chips). I know it is only a 5200 but it is the best I can do. Is a clock of 300/600 possible (as advertised at nvidia.com). It will be only air/passive cooling- but there is currently NO cooling. I cannot mount a fan either. http://www.bay-wolf.com/8500videoheat.htm This is not my model and obviously not my card but the size of the GPU and the overall idea is exactly the same. Thanks

To be honest with you, the only way for you to find out is to try.....just look for artifacts and such at high oc's.....if you dont see any artifacts while your doing stability test for a long period of time then your good to go..........

best of luck

Back