• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

GPU Mining Cases (1300W PSU + Case + CPU/mobo combo) - $550

Should have stamped a /s on that :LOL:

This is a dangerous case since it uses SATA powered risers. Always go PCIe powered.

Edit: Good catch xenium That's crazy.
 
Hmm.. yeah, looked like they could've been molex to me but the cases I bought elsewhere came with sata connectors for the risers. But the risers themselves still accepted molex as well. These look like they could be different.
 
Last edited:
I was questioning just how dry your sense of humor might be before I posted that...

If you really want to have an aneurism check this out. It blows me away people this dumb are running 7+ figure farms and offering hosting

youtube.com/watch?v=8NnV0jm3SP0
lol man one sata cable to one riser powering an Nvidia card might be okay but he's rocking one sata cable to two risers :eek:
 
Look again. In fact, it actually looks like the far right sata connector is bubbled/melted. Hard to tell from shitty ebay pics though, it could just be a blemish.


View attachment 433279


Actually, it's probably likely those are melted areas, as the far left blemish above the 12v/ground lead, and the spot on the right is the second ground lead

Not too bad of a deal, but Id factor in 4x G2 4 pin molex leads and some molex risers to ditch the sata's. Even then, Ive still burned up molex cables/risers before, and only trust/use 6 pin pcie's, but I digress.

When you burnt up the molex risers did you have more than 2 connect to a single molex cable running from the PSU? I know a lot of PSUs I have have about 3 or so molex connectors per cable but I don't think the cable itself is rated for 75W per connector continuously.
 
Ive burned up the PSU end of a molex chain running 2x RX470's and Ive burned up the molex end (4 pin) running only a single vega 56. It's never safe to use, no matter what anyone says or tells you. It might "work", but one shitty crimp or enough current/resistance in a connector is enough to burn your rig/house down.

Fun fact, this was a quality 6 pin splitter powering a pair of 5700xt risers. With 6 pin PCIE you have a lot more headroom for safety/failure. Now imagine this bad crimp was on a molex/sata cable with only 1 12v/ground line (instead of 3 with pcie)

You won't catch something like this with a $15 IR temp gun.


View attachment 433615View attachment 433616

Good stuff, I burned a molex cable connector at the PSU side trying to power a couple risers from one strand of molex cable to a couple 5700XT.... I learned real fast to only do PCI-E to risers for AMD or at max one Sata cable from PSU to low-power Nvidia cards if absolutely needed.

Surprisingly a 5700XT draws 75 watts from the riser alone.... more than it draws from the PCI-E power cables.

 
So I haven't been doing any hardcore mining since around 4 years ago, I remember having usb 3.0 risers that were powered from sata. Are you saying I should not do this in the future? Or at most, only use one riser per series of sata connectors coming from my PSU?

So if I have 6 sata power ports on my PSU, 3 on each strand, I should use a max of 2 risers?
 
Back
Top