GPO question, 2000 ad w/ 2003sp1 server

mobiux

2[H]4U
I am working on a Citrix farm with about a dozen 2003 SP1 servers, i want to have temporary internet files delete when ie closes.
I have found a GPO setting in the user config/ admin templates/ windows components/ie/ internet control panel/ advanced page.
But this option only shows up when i do a local system policy on the 2003sp1 server, not in the container policy in AD.
It is a 2000 AD setup, so i don't know if that is limiting it. It shouldn't as some of the other policies show 2003 sp1 only options.

Any idea how to make this option show up when i edit the container policy in AD?

mobiux said:
I am working on a Citrix farm with about a dozen 2003 SP1 servers, i want to have temporary internet files delete when ie closes.
I have found a GPO setting in the user config/ admin templates/ windows components/ie/ internet control panel/ advanced page.
But this option only shows up when i do a local system policy on the 2003sp1 server, not in the container policy in AD.
It is a 2000 AD setup, so i don't know if that is limiting it. It shouldn't as some of the other policies show 2003 sp1 only options.

Any idea how to make this option show up when i edit the container policy in AD?

You may need to manually load the ADM from the 2003 server (C:\windows\inf) from the mmc.

da sponge said:
You may need to manually load the ADM from the 2003 server (C:\windows\inf) from the mmc.
Ditto, and consider upgrading to a 2003 domain.

da sponge said:

If i load that on my pc and the option is there, do i manually need to copy that adm to all the servers? Or is that propogated automatically?

If you load the .inf files into a policy, those needed files are replicated as part of the policy.

Some of the benifits of upgrading:
- Better default group policies
- Designed to work with 2003 and XP
- GC cachine
- Improved performance
- Windows 2000 reaching end of support

There's more reasons than just that, but those are off the top of my head.

MorfiusX said:
If you load the .inf files into a policy, those needed files are replicated as part of the policy.

That took care of it.

Thanks a ton.

Back