• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Got my xp-90

citizen__erased

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 24, 2002
Messages
445
Just installed my xp-90 and it has made a fair difference from the stock hsf. Because my epox board won't run the vcore less than 1.6v my 3700 claw had been running at 48 idle and 65 load. With the xp-90 it's idling at 36 and hitting 54 on full load. I've had to use the stock 70mm fan as my 92mm panaflo hasn't arrived yet, so hopefully will shave a few more degrees off.
 
My X2 3800+, overclocked to 2500mhz, stock voltage, got 30'c Idle, 40'c Load F@H.

XP90 plus Panaflo M1
 
even with the vcore, you should be running a bit cooler. i guess the fan would do it. how'd you mount the heatsink? :D
 
I'm hoping to cut the temps a bit more when my 92mm panaflo fan arrives on monday. It was quite an easy job mounting the heatsink. Had to strip my pc down to put the new mounting bracket on though. Used AS5 as my thermal grease. The 70mm stock fan is half held in place as a stop gap measure.
 
I thought about one of those. I was a little worried it could be too big though. Oh and it is quite a bit more cash here in the UK.
 
yeah i couldn't be happier with it... doesn't get much cooler without water :)
 
no one else thinks those temps are a little high. I get about 29 idle 40 load MAX with my XP90. I got 35 idle 50 load with stock HSF
 
Obviously temps vary with ambient temperature and general case ventilation.
However, 33 under load is quite low. What's your case? How many fans? What ambient temp? Thx.
 
Back
Top