Got my Barracuda in

Teen-Pound

Weaksauce
It's been running for 15 . I got a 30 day evaluation on the unit, so far so good. Does anyone else have any experiance with these?
asdfcr7.jpg

I have one here at the office and it works great. Just make sure you keep the support and definitions up to date. It gets annoying if you accidentally miss the renewal date for the Barracuda.

just think, you are paying that much money for a cheapo motherboard loaded into a rackmount case running linux...

packetstorm has instructions on how to clone the drives and make as many barracuda's as you want

just think, you are paying that much money for a cheapo motherboard loaded into a rackmount case running linux...

packetstorm has instructions on how to clone the drives and make as many barracuda's as you want
I looked but couldn't find it. Mind linking me to it?

Yeah I understand what i'm paying for, it's worth it in my opionion.

Anyways, does anyone know how to filter the message log by username?

I believe it's something as simple as selecting "To address contains:" or whatever your criteria are in the drop down on the message log page.

Yeah I understand what i'm paying for, it's worth it in my opionion.

Anyways, does anyone know how to filter the message log by username?

lol i was just joking

message log - TO contains -> username or parts of username.... or you can search by a whole bunch of options... we love ours, blocked about 20 million emails so far...

I looked but couldn't find it. Mind linking me to it?

http://packetstorm.linuxsecurity.com/papers/evaluation/Barracuda_Evil.txt

guess it wasn't packetstorm, or barracuda made them take it down. Basically you need to know what key enter's the bios on the computer, and they have set the window to hit this key to like .3 seconds, or maybe less. Once you were in there they popped in a secondary hdd and made an image of the first.... Or used to get the settings for different computer. I forgot the exact steps, but it was quite easy to do, just illegal

http://packetstorm.linuxsecurity.com/papers/evaluation/Barracuda_Evil.txt

guess it wasn't packetstorm, or barracuda made them take it down. Basically you need to know what key enter's the bios on the computer, and they have set the window to hit this key to like .3 seconds, or maybe less. Once you were in there they popped in a secondary hdd and made an image of the first.... Or used to get the settings for different computer. I forgot the exact steps, but it was quite easy to do, just illegal

Thats a pretty interesting paper there, would make me think twice before putting one of those in to my network, without turning off some of those "features".

I would recommend going through Barracuda. Their support is phenomenal (overnight replacement = pricey but worth it).

Back