Got a Dual Display!!

Volkswagen

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Nov 12, 2002
Messages
4,905
Well I jsut picked up a Acer AL1916 @ Staples for 100$ after employee discounts cupons and a $50 Easy Rebate....The monitor is great, bright and no ghosting...No backlighning issues like the dell's do :) Now I have it hooked up to my X800XT via DVI and my old 17"
Hitachi via VGA.....

The thing I want is

To be able to do different things on the 2 monitors EX : Play source on the Acer and surf the web on the hitachi...What kind of software do I need ?

Thx, Adnan
 
You cant have a full screen game (like source) open on one monitor, and browse the web on the other without making the full screen game minimize.
 
what the purpose of a dual display then ?

I know there is some software that u have to pay for I jsut cant remember the name of it :confused: that would alow me to do what I want
 
Every game that I know of will open on the primary monitor and lock your mouse into the game screen untill you alt tab or close the game.

As for the point of dual monitors for gaming. I leave messengers and email open and visable on one screen while playing games on the other. At least that way if someone is trying to talk to me I can alt tab and do what I need to do and then go back to my game.
 
for my setup, (i have 2 viewsonic 20in ws) i run source as a window, and that works to browse on the other monitor

the window is just as big as if it were running full screen anyway.

what i do is play source on one and watch movies on the other. works fine.
 
Ye i had the same problem and was wondering if there was software easily avaible...but I see what you with minised view..amaazing how little softwae there is for dual display :(
 
Ultramon is probably the software you're thinking of for multi display setups but I've never seen anything that will allow you to do what you're looking for. Ultramon just helps with desktops, wallpapers, screensavers, taskbar's and what not.
 
Back
Top