Good Price on Nintendo DS Lite

USMC2542

Weaksauce
I want to get my daughter a DS Lite for her birthday. She is an avid GB SP gamer but fell in love with her friends DS. But once she saw the DS Lite she wanted that. Does anyone know a good site that I can get one? Are the prices pretty much the same? Would a brick an mortar be as good as getting it on the Intraweb?

I haven't seen them any cheaper from 1 place to the next. Definately worth the price, don't go for an old-style ds. The lite is much nicer.

They are $129.99 pretty much everywhere.
I did see one of those Asian game website that had it a little cheaper, $125 or something,
but you have to wait and pay shipping on top of that.

Pretty sure you won't find them much cheaper than $129.99, maybe a little. Its because the stores don't make money on the console, its off games and accessorys, they are required to sell the console at that price to be able to sell games and accessorys, at least this is how it is for xbox/xbox 360.

munkle said:
Pretty sure you won't find them much cheaper than $129.99, maybe a little. Its because the stores don't make money on the console, its off games and accessorys, they are required to sell the console at that price to be able to sell games and accessorys, at least this is how it is for xbox/xbox 360.

Thats with all consoles. Mind you nintendo is making some cash off it but thats about it. If you want to go cheaper you can get a used or refurb non-lite ds. Other then that enjoy paying retail. BTW I've had both and the lite is nice.

Walmart.com has a pretty nice little package on sale. It's the DS, one of three games (Brain Age, Big Brain Academy and Sudoku Gridmaster) and an accessory (car charge kit or hard-shell case) for $150. You can choose from one of several other games - replacing one of the above - for $10 more. I think, though, that you're not going to find any deals on a DS by itself, if only because there's no good reason to discount it when it's selling great.

The DS Lite is selling for the same price the old DS was. An even better deal for a great system. Several of the packages I've seen have had some pretty good deals, too.

Back