Good off-line WCing stores?

server_error

Weaksauce
I was just looking at the parts I ordered, and realized I need 2 adaptors to go from 1/2" tubing to a 3/8" barb. I could get a set of quick connects off swiftech's site for $10 with shipping, a rip-off IMO and I'm highly impatient anyways. Anyone know a good place to get watercooling components in a store? I'm guessing the plumbing department of a hardware store might have what I need, dunno though. Also I think Fry's has WCing stuff, but unfortunately we don't have any of them here in Ohio.

check out for a local plumber store... that caters to the working plumber. will have everything you need... or everything to 'rig' what you need....

I bought tons of barbs and adapters/tsections... etc... everything from a store that sells to working plumbers.

They kinda laughed at me for shopping there because no 'normal' person goes to a store like that... they pay someone else to I suppose.

i once determined i could build an entire WC system off of locally available parts. granted it wouldnt be a cascade system as itd be a custom block but its possible. home depot has quick connects, although i couldnt figure out how to use em for the life of me

I just bought a couple adapters and barb fittings at lowes. and any kind of store that carries plumbing supplies would probably have what you need.

kronchev said:
i once determined i could build an entire WC system off of locally available parts. granted it wouldnt be a cascade system as itd be a custom block but its possible. home depot has quick connects, although i couldnt figure out how to use em for the life of me

YOu need a stiffening insert to go inside of your tubing to use quick connects. Plus tygon and silicone don't work well with them..you need rather stiff tubing. I just use the crap that they sell at Home Depot as well. It's relaible, and that's all that matters. All you do is lube up the insert, and slide it in the tube, then shove the tube into the quick connect untio the insert is completely inside of the fitting...and there you go, water-tight, and no hose clamps needed.

That is the connection system I prefer myself. I only used barbs on my res, and am still considering going to quick-connects there too.

Back