Good deal on audigy gamer with 5 games?

Headbust

[H]ard|Gawd
I was at compusa today and this deal caught my attention.

Audigy Gamer ZS with 5 full games included for $150

Star Wars® Jedi Knight®: Jedi Academy

* The highly acclaimed Jedi Knight® series returns as you enroll in Luke Skywalker's Jedi Academy. As you follow the path of a Jedi you must face the ultimate choice: fight for good and freedom, or follow power and evil to the dark side. (Full EAX® 4.0 ADVANCED HD™ version)

Lara Croft Tomb Raider™ : The Angel Of Darkness

* Accused of the murder of her one time mentor, Lara becomes a fugitive on the run and follows the Alchemist into a dark world of blood, betrayal and vengeance. It is up to her to defeat this unholy alliance, and stop them from unleashing their incredible powers on the world. (EAX® ADVANCED HD™ title)

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six™: Raven Shield™

* Command Team RAINBOW, an elite squad of special operatives, against a hidden terrorist foe. Race against time to stop a madman and his doomsday plot. (EAX® ADVANCED HD™ title)

Halo® Combat Evolved

* You are the last of your kind. Bred for combat, built for war, you are the master of any weapon, pilot of any vehicle and fear no enemy. (Full EAX® ADVANCED HD™ version)

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® (Includes 3 additional missions)

* You alone have the Fifth Freedom: the right to spy, steral, destroy, and assassinate to ensure that American freedoms are protected. You are Splinter Cell. (Full EAX® ADVANCED HD™ version)

Seems nice. If you could use the extra functions that the external I/O hub could provide, and at least 2 of those games are something you want, then this is smoking.

Amazon has it for $133.99 with free shipping and no tax.

I bought one of these 2 weeks ago from Fry's for $99.99AR + tax. That was a hot deal. :D

man, does that audigy gamer with all those games actually come with the 5 1/4 front i/o bracket?

if it does, then i'm getting 1 from the egg for sure

I don't think it does. I checked out some other sites, and I believe it is just the card with the games. The first screen shot I found at newegg had the 5 1/4 deck, but then after that I could only find the one with the games.

anybody know of a place that just sells the i/o breacket for audigy cards then?

This 'deal' is for the standard Audigy2 ZS, not the Platinum / Platinum Pro versions which come with the I/O bracket. I don't believe Creative sells the bracket by itself. I wish they did since I'd kind of like one now that my PC is serving a default HTPC role. Time to check eBay I guess...

Originally posted by rkatapt
If you get it let me know if that copy of Splinter Cell works correctly. I got that same bundle and will not apply the patch and it crashes to desktop during gameplay. I've tried my copy on 3 different machines and I get the same thing on all. Check out this thread http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=738924

I got that card a couple months ago and splinter cell worked perfect for me.

You were able to play it all the way thru and install the patch?

I never was much into these type of games until i played SC and now I cannot finish it.......:mad:

Is the version of Halo in this package any different than the one sold in a retail box? Has the sound been tweaked for the card?

Is the version of Halo in this package any different than the one sold in a retail box? Has the sound been tweaked for the card?

It's the same version. Actually, on the sleeve it comes in it tells you that Halo has a problem running with that sound card and to download the patch from MS to correct it. It works fine though.

Back