• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Good card for my needs

aus-rotten

n00b
Joined
Sep 9, 2004
Messages
15
Here are my specs

AMD 2500+
256 DDR spectek ram (PC 2100)


I need a new card, Ive been looking at the FX 5600 and its look fairly good. I wont be playing Doom 3, Far cry, or HL2. The only games I play are RTCW, Battlefeild (current card wont play) and UT04 ( I get massive rendering issues). So overall what cheap, yet good card is there for me.

Im drawn between the

Ti 4400
FX 5500, 5600, 5600U
 
the FX line of cards suck. bad design on nvidia's part. depending on your budget you should get the 9600pro/XT or spring for the 9800pro if you can afford it. also having 512mb RAM will increase your computer's overall performance quite a bit compared to 256mb RAM.
 
Yea you should get at least another stick of 256. Hell go out and add a stick of 512. It will really help your gaming performance as well as your overall computer experience. As far as your video card. Look into getting a 9800pro. I sold mine for $130 including shipping about a month ago.
 
id deffinetly go for what they said.. 9600 pro or xts are pretty good... and id say go get 2 sticks of 256 pc 2700 ram.. casue i dont know if you oced that 2100 ram or what
 
Back
Top