month-old system will not post.
specs:
e4400 stock speed/cooling
corsair 2x1048 ddr2 800
cooler master 650w real power pro

started with symptom 1 - "double boot"
power on, system boots, fans spin, leds light...but only for about 3 sec
then everything turns right back off for about 3 sec
then back on, post and load windows normally; run perfect for as long as i leave it on
looked it up and apparently this is built in to the board, something about checking mem voltages prior to booting. sounds stupid, but what do i know

progressed to symptom 2 - "cycle boot"
same as before, only continues the on-off-on-off indefinitely.
pull 1 ram, disconnect drives, clear cmos, random combinations, can sometimes boot, but takes a while. didn't happen every time, zero consistency in fix
looked it up and this is a fairly widespread issue. general solution is to RMA

now i can't get it to post at all...ever. i removed all but cpu, ram, gfx and still nothing, boot cycles until i kill power at the psu switch. not good

so tonight in a last ditch effort i pull everything from the case, and test it on its box on my desk. just mobo, cpu, ram (1 stick), video. still nothing.
pull heatsink and cpu, nothing looks wrong. reseat and still nothing.
in a tiny fit of rage i break loose the northbridge heatsink. still attached, but wobbles.
also, there was this milky clear stuff on the back of the mother and video boards. almost looked like a lacquer that didnt dry quite clear; normal?

about 12 days outside of time to RMA with newegg
sent message via gigabyte's online tech support two days ago, nothing yet.

anyway, so i'm apparently in the market for a new motherboard. what to you guys suggest?

thanks in advance

Call gigabyte, their number is on their site. I just finished an RMA a little while back and they treated me fantastic.

626-854-9338 (Option 4)-custome support

626-854-9338 (Option 3)-tech support

Edit: you have a 1 year warranty through Gigabyte

My problem is the same as yours. Even I use the default CPU speed settings and lower my DDR2-800 memory to run at 667 MHz, the system is locked up after I hit the power button on my case...

Here is my spec.:

Intel E6550
Gigabyte P35-S3L
2 x ADATA DDR2-800 1GB memory
XFX GF8800GTS 320MB
WD800JB+WD1600JB
LG-H62N
Audigy 2 ZS

Back