Gigabyte Motherboard RMA process?

HybReD1234

Limp Gawd
I have a dying DS3L and I was wondering how long it would take to get it back if I were to Overnight it tomorrow afternoon. (Tuesday 05)

depends really. When I had to do mine a year or so ago it took them about 1 1/2 months from the time they received it till I got it back. I sent it to them in early November of 06 and got it back January of 07. Depends really though.

gigabyte is located about 30 mins away from me. I would drive there if you live in the southern california area and beat their asses if you dont see a return in about 3 weeks.

I don't understand Gigabyte. RMAed a EVGA 680i...had it back in little over a week. With GB, I heard people not getting so much of an email back until 3+ weeks later.

I have to RMA my DS4 and live in IL so I ordered a GB P35-S3G for $90 shipped just for a backup because I'm not going to stay a month without a PC.

Only thing I can't stand about GB is the stupid RMA crap.

Can you ask about advanced replacement? Many times you just need to secure it with a credit card and then they will send a new one out first and then you send the old one back.
Jason

I'll look into it. I couldn't handle being without a computer for 3+ weeks. That's just... wow. Too much work to be done. I might just have to RMA the board after grabbing a new one from NewEgg. I won't be supporting them and buying another one though, fuck that.

I'll look into it. I couldn't handle being without a computer for 3+ weeks. That's just... wow. Too much work to be done. I might just have to RMA the board after grabbing a new one from NewEgg. I won't be supporting them and buying another one though, fuck that.

Please keep us posted if you talk to them about a secure advanced RMA. Before I finally submit my RMA and open my new board I ordered as a backup I want to know if they are willing to do that type of RMA.

RMA Request Procedures and Guidelines

# All RMA request forms must be completed in order to obtain a RMA number
# RMA request with missing or incorrect serial number(s) may result in a delayed process or a rejection of request
# Any model discrepancy for received items may result in a delayed processing time
# Products received with no RMA number may delay processing or refusal
(GIGABYTE will not be responsible for items received without proper information)
# No cross shipping or advanced replacements under any circumstances
# Products will either be repaired or replaced at our discretion
# Replacements may include new or refurbished products
(Replacements will be for the exact or equivalent product)
# Average turnaround time will be 2-3 business working weeks upon receipt (applies to quantities not exceeding 20 pieces)
# If the information on your request
varies from the actual item(s) received, RMA will be based on the actual item(s) received
# RMA numbers will be valid for 30 days after issued date
# GIGABYTE will provide one way freight via UPS or FedEx ground free of charge
# For consecutive violation for No Trouble Found (NTF), a testing fee per NTF board or system may apply

Straight from their RMA site. So much bullshit. I hope this board lasts me a long time after I get it back because even tho I love their boards (only bought 2 now lol) I more then likely won't ever go back to them.

In my case, I filled out an RMA form on line. I sent the board in waited three weeks, then finally e-mailed them, waited another week, got an e-mail back saying essentially nothing, and a couple more weeks after that, I got the exact same motherboard back that still had the problem that I sent it to them with (bad voltage regulator by the DIMM slots; I eventually repaired it myself).

I had a similar situation with RMAing a video card with them. Hence, my sig. I will never buy any Gigabyte product again.

I don't understand Gigabyte. RMAed a EVGA 680i...had it back in little over a week. With GB, I heard people not getting so much of an email back until 3+ weeks later.

I have to RMA my DS4 and live in IL so I ordered a GB P35-S3G for $90 shipped just for a backup because I'm not going to stay a month without a PC.

Only thing I can't stand about GB is the stupid RMA crap.

GB has one of the worst RMA policies in the industry.

after the NF3 debacle, I refuse to use them ever again.

GB has one of the worst RMA policies in the industry.

after the NF3 debacle, I refuse to use them ever again.

So more then likely I'm going to eat the $180 I spent on my DS4?

Sometimes I just wish I didn't like computers nor was good at them.

So more then likely I'm going to eat the $180 I spent on my DS4?

Sometimes I just wish I didn't like computers nor was good at them.

no, you'll get an RMA, it'll just be slow.

the NF3 one was a totally different mess that'd take a page and a half to explain :(

no, you'll get an RMA, it'll just be slow.

the NF3 one was a totally different mess that'd take a page and a half to explain :(

What if I put pressure on them? Like if your threaten some kind of legal action or a BBB claim stuff usually gets done in a timely manor.

Newegg policy.

# What is the standard return policy for Newegg.com products?
Products sold by Newegg.com are supported by our Standard Return Policy unless otherwise indicated. Merchandise under our Standard Return Policy may be returned within 30 days of the original invoice date for a refund or within one year of the original invoice date for a replacement. All returns require an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number. Because many companies offer additional factory coverage, you should contact the manufacturer directly for information regarding eligibility and specific Terms and Conditions.

Think I should try with newegg first? Only had the board maybe 2 months.

Newegg policy.

# What is the standard return policy for Newegg.com products?
Products sold by Newegg.com are supported by our Standard Return Policy unless otherwise indicated. Merchandise under our Standard Return Policy may be returned within 30 days of the original invoice date for a refund or within one year of the original invoice date for a replacement. All returns require an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number. Because many companies offer additional factory coverage, you should contact the manufacturer directly for information regarding eligibility and specific Terms and Conditions.

Think I should try with newegg first? Only had the board maybe 2 months.

Don't waste your time. Just do what I'm doing, grab a new motherboard and RMA that piece of crap. Then sell it off. I'm never touching another Gigabyte product again.

Don't waste your time. Just do what I'm doing, grab a new motherboard and RMA that piece of crap. Then sell it off. I'm never touching another Gigabyte product again.

Well...lol funny story. I did not know anything about Gigabyte besides replying to this thread. And before reading this thread, I ordered a GB P35-S3G for a backup board. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my DS4. Best OCer I have had yet.

But what should I do? Automatically return my S3G when I get it tomorrow? Was looking at buying a DFI board that someone has a thread on it in the Intel section but didn't really want to spend $150ish when I have to possibly eat $180.

Not sure what I should do.

I would definitely do the RMA through Newegg as opposed to Gigabyte.

I sent newegg an email about it about 5 mins ago. They have like 3-4 different return polices and all worded different. So I will see what they say. But doubt I will get far with them.

I've had to RMA a couple of things to NewEgg and it was fine. I'm pretty sure that they don't do cross shipping, but at least you'll get a working item sooner than a month.

I've had to RMA a couple of things to NewEgg and it was fine. I'm pretty sure that they don't do cross shipping, but at least you'll get a working item sooner than a month.

But what you think I should do as far as the S3G I have coming? Send it back or just eat the $90 and use as a backup board(which was its full intent)?

Or...see if Newegg with RMA the DS4. Buy the $150ish DFI or get a MSI/ABIT P35. If newegg lets me RMA it...RMA it after I get the DFI/MSI/ABIT in the mail. Turn around, get the DS4 BACK from newegg and then try to sell it.

EDIT: Tried submitting an RMA through 'My Account' on Newegg. No go. Says there is no applicable return policy for it since it's past 30 days. Back to square one.

But what you think I should do as far as the S3G I have coming? Send it back or just eat the $90 and use as a backup board(which was its full intent)?

Or...see if Newegg with RMA the DS4. Buy the $150ish DFI or get a MSI/ABIT P35. If newegg lets me RMA it...RMA it after I get the DFI/MSI/ABIT in the mail. Turn around, get the DS4 BACK from newegg and then try to sell it.

EDIT: Tried submitting an RMA through 'My Account' on Newegg. No go. Says there is no applicable return policy for it since it's past 30 days. Back to square one.

Well, if you have a Gigabyte board that works for you, then use it. I just think that their RMA people are incredibly incompetent which would prevent me from buying their products again. If you like their products, then continue using them.

Well, if you have a Gigabyte board that works for you, then use it. I just think that their RMA people are incredibly incompetent which would prevent me from buying their products again. If you like their products, then continue using them.

To me, it's just about liking the product. It's about liking the product AND how the company deals with their product. If there was a motherboard out right now that completely dominated the competition and for a decent price but a shit company like GB, I wouldn't buy it. It's not worth the headache that I'm about to go through.

I just RMAed (saying I bought the wrong item) the S3G I have coming either today or tomorrow. Think I might just get the DFI (had excellent time with their products and them when I was on AMD) P35 board for $140ish. Don't really want to spend the money but I just want a board that isn't going to go in the shit hole a month after I get it.

Why can't EVGA make a damn P35 board.....

I've never had to RMA a Giga-byte motherboard, but it sure does sound like a royal PITA. I love giga-byte motherboards in general though. This is where I wish [H] consumer was still here and they could test RMA policies on companies like that. I loved that part of [H].
Jason

I just don't get why their RMA service has to be terribly bad? Their boards are decently nice and decently priced.

Bah...just don't get it...

adding to the story, not wanting to steal it. but i rma by 965p-ds3 board about a year in, jan 2008. and they claimed scratched pcb and thus void warranty due to physical damage, which i think is bullshit. its not like i take a knife and cut the board or drop things on it. pure bs. never buying a gigabyte board again.

I RMA'ed the same DS3 board twice. They sent the same board back to me. Claimed it was a bad bios chip and was replaced. I sold it to some dude in Israel on Ebay. Hope he had better luck with it.

Well, I RMAed my board roughly 2 weeks ago this Thursday and still no word back from them at all. Depending on what happens (ie: give me a new board or say fuck me) will depend on if I stick with Gigabyte. I really like the DS4, it's an awesome overclocker, but will be buying something else if they mess up this RMA.

UPDATE: Sent it around 5 weeks ago and finally get it back after around 7 e-mails trying to even get a hold of them...

Get my own board back and where the old transistors were at, have 3 blues instead of red....haven't installed it back yet again to see if the stupid thing even works. Doubt they tested it in a Windows environment to see if the NIC actually works right..

I have had nothing but good experiences with Gigabyte mobo's but man, I've had to go through RMA processes and this one sounds absolutely terrible.

Thanks for the info guys!

Also, kind of off-topic but, are there any motherboard companies with competent RMA processes that don't take weeks to respond to your emails?

I have had nothing but good experiences with Gigabyte mobo's but man, I've had to go through RMA processes and this one sounds absolutely terrible.

Thanks for the info guys!

Also, kind of off-topic but, are there any motherboard companies with competent RMA processes that don't take weeks to respond to your emails?

evga/bfg...

that's all I can think of. My experience has always been that Mobo RMA aren't worth it - buy a replacement. Less hassle.

UPDATE: Sent it around 5 weeks ago and finally get it back after around 7 e-mails trying to even get a hold of them...

Get my own board back and where the old transistors were at, have 3 blues instead of red....haven't installed it back yet again to see if the stupid thing even works. Doubt they tested it in a Windows environment to see if the NIC actually works right..

Finally got around to install it about a week ago and why playing a game for a few hours last night my internet started to hiccup. Figured it was Comcrap at its best again. But I try to repair the connection and never comes back on. NIC is dead yet again.

Time to trash the board and get the DFI board. The DS4 board was an awesome board when I got it but the RMA process is horrible and more then likely will never buy a GB board for that reason.

Oh wow do I wish I had found this thread a while ago! I was looking for a cheap but good board with pcie 2 as my old pcie/agp board wasn't cutting it with my new card. Found a few but the Gigabyte was new and a good price with 80 bucks of ram thrown in so I got it and one person endorsed it and said they have never had problems with them.

Got home Sunday to find my system not running (it never goes off) and I start looking for problems and nothing, just nothing, if it came on it would go off by its self and then come back on and loop. Finally it started for more than 3 seconds and I got to see something about cmos errors and profiles blah blah blah. Longer story short I've check all equipment its the board. Emailed Gigabyte sunday night, haven't gotten an email from them yet. Couldn't find the RMA link on their site or throgh their search but thorugh regular google found it and now I just submitted a RMA

... I'm not feeling too good about this, I'll let you all know how it goes. The board is a GA-x48-DS5 the egg no longer sells it, I wonder why!

.I know I saw that when I posted however my experiences so far don't seem to be that different.

I can saw however that the RMA I requested was approved and the board is now off to them. I'll report back when I get it. The conversation I started with support still hasn't actually gotten a response.

I didn't word this way in my last post but I am going to update through out my RMA process.

So I got RMA approval on the 5th and sent the board out, the replied to my tech question on the 6th, I think that would be the fourth business day after I put it in, their advice was to get an RMA.

They received the board on the 11th by FedEx's tracking and replied to me on the 12th that they received 1 board of my type and serial number.

I have not heard from them since.

I started the process of contacting them on the 1st of Nov.

Back