Gigabit router that works with DDWRT

elec999

Limp Gawd
Is there any wireless router with gigabit ports that works with ddwrt or tomato.
Thanks

Linksys WRTXXXN routers should work. I've been running DD-WRT on my 350N for quite a while, and it's worked fine. If you search for 1000Base on this page, you'll see a few others:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices

I don't think tomato is supported on any of these routers, which is too bad, since I ran tomato for years on my WRT54G.

Get a regular router, flash it with DD-WRT, and get a gigabit switch. Connect switch to one of the router ports and you're gold.

Get a regular router, flash it with DD-WRT, and get a gigabit switch. Connect switch to one of the router ports and you're gold.

But then said gigabit switch is going to a Fast Ethernet port on the router. While most LAN communication could probably be done through the switch, a gigabit router would be better I believe.

It does appear that the 350N is the best option for running dd-wrt on a router with gigabit ethernet ports. It's unfortunate that the d-link DIR-655 wont run dd-wrt.

I'm considering getting a 350N to replace my wrt54gl. What is the cheapest I can get away with for pci 802.11n cards that actually work well? It's sort of expensive when you need 3 or 4 of them and the name brands are $90ish a pop.

But then said gigabit switch is going to a Fast Ethernet port on the router. While most LAN communication could probably be done through the switch, a gigabit router would be better I believe.
And the Internet connection and wireless connections are all far less than 100Mb. No problem here.

Plus I prefer having my switches seperate from my routers since the routers die so easily.

What is the cheapest I can get away with for pci 802.11n cards that actually work well? It's sort of expensive when you need 3 or 4 of them and the name brands are $90ish a pop.

If they're stationary and co-located, you should consider a wireless bridge. There are even some off-the-shelf draft-n ones these days, e.g. the SMBWEB-N. Of course if you manage to find a draft-n router with a hardware revision that's compatible with DD-WRT, you could consider getting two and running one in client bridge mode.

Back