Ghost Recon:Advanced War

/337

Limp Gawd
I just picked up this game for my 360. I have to say its the best game out so far. Its visually stunning and has awesome gameplay. Does anyone else have the game or maybe want to play on live sometime? I may try to get the 8 hour online achievment this weekend. :D

I keep dying, enemies are hard to see, but still it is a pretty good game. I cant wait til I am off of spring break so I can hook my 360 back up to live.

I want it but I'm going to try and stick to my guns and buy it used when I get the chance. $60 games be damned.

It's great, though there are times when the Cross-Com seems to be slacking off. The difficulty seems to be predicated on you knowing where everyone is, so when the Cross-Com doesn't pick someone up when you see their shots coming right at you, it's annoying. I had a sniper nearly lined up, and it lost him when I ducked behind a wall.

Also, the support appears to be the only way to get through some of these missions - I spent the entire embassy defense healing my bullet-magnet teammates and vectoring the chopper, and when I finally passed it, I think I fired half a dozen shots total.

Sanitarium said:
I want it but I'm going to try and stick to my guns and buy it used when I get the chance. $60 games be damned.

Good for you. The game looks good, but raise your middle finger for $60 games. I didn't take that shit in the N64 days, and I certainly won't partake in it now :p

Kevin Lowe said:
It's great, though there are times when the Cross-Com seems to be slacking off. The difficulty seems to be predicated on you knowing where everyone is, so when the Cross-Com doesn't pick someone up when you see their shots coming right at you, it's annoying. I had a sniper nearly lined up, and it lost him when I ducked behind a wall.

Also, the support appears to be the only way to get through some of these missions - I spent the entire embassy defense healing my bullet-magnet teammates and vectoring the chopper, and when I finally passed it, I think I fired half a dozen shots total.

Yeah...that's the way I feel. This game is incredible. Of every ghost recon, rainbow six game that I have played, online has been the only aspect that I have enjoyed. The single player mode has pretty much sucked. This time, however, I can't get enough of this game before I get it online.

I find it amazing that in a whole mission before I get a chance to change weapons, I will have only used 100 of 600 bullets.

Those listed above are apparent, but the one thing that does bug me about this game, is the stupidity of my teammates. They are fucking idiots. If it isn't one thing, it's another. They either don't know how to take cover, or they won't go where I want them to. It's annoying at times. I'll have to restart missions because they won't go where I tell them to and I end up dead from frustration of moving my guys before I can get to a cover that I want.

Anyway, I've got about 4 hours logged. After watching this movie tonight that is due back at the video store, I'm probably going to log another 4 hours. Saturday I will finally get back online with XBL (comcast is to install on Sat.). I can't wait.

The reviews for this game I would consider an understatement for some. 9.2 and 9.3 should really be more like a 9.5 or 9.6

Really.

steviep said:
Good for you. The game looks good, but raise your middle finger for $60 games. I didn't take that shit in the N64 days, and I certainly won't partake in it now :p
Neither will I, I got the game for free.
:D

For those having problems with the HUD....there are jammers in some missions (just read this in the tips page) that jam the use of your HUD. So the red triangles and what not wont show up.

I am starting to get really frustrated at some parts because I keep dieing over and over and over again. I dont know whether it is something I am doing wrong or if I am just not good enough to hold off 2 tanks and a 100 rebels by myself (the other 3 all died within the first 2 minutes and if I tried to heal them I had 5 guys shooting me in the back).

The most annoying thing is it seems to get harder every time I try the mission. I had one part where I got stuck, and I got almost all the way through the level. The next time I tried the exact same thing in the first part which worked, but I got massacred the second time. :(

I really do like the Black Hawk Down feel to the game though. When the thingy when Kaboom I almost jumped outta my seat, and I haven't done that from playing a video game in a looong time.

EDIT : Oh and Ubisoft is apparently Achievement Nazi's....nearly 150 of the 1000 achievement points are locked up in the 3 "Be the #1 player/team/solo in the world" categories.......seems a bit restrictive/hard to me.

steviep said:

Hell, a lot of early n64 games released at $70. Based on that though, i can easily justify paying $60 for a game now, compared to what it used to be. If you compare simply content and amount of time you can spend enjoying the game, these things would cost hundreds a piece compared to snes days. Best buy's always got coupons floating around, or just wait for a bit of a deal. I picked this up yesterday for ~50 and holy crap is it worth it.

steviep said:
I remember buying N64 games for up to $79.99 lol!

Spaceman_Spiff said:
Hell, a lot of early n64 games released at $70. Based on that though, i can easily justify paying $60 for a game now, compared to what it used to be. If you compare simply content and amount of time you can spend enjoying the game, these things would cost hundreds a piece compared to snes days. Best buy's always got coupons floating around, or just wait for a bit of a deal. I picked this up yesterday for ~50 and holy crap is it worth it.

Yeah, I try to wait till one of those 10% off coupons are floating around to buy games as well. $60 a pop is really getting expensive, and my budget can only take so much. As for games, it's really not that bad of a value considering the increase in content and quality we now see with games. When you consider the increase in the cost the make games now, the increase in the price of the games thankfully did not increase in proportion to that. Inflation is a PITA and nothing ever goes back down in price.

yeah, I'm cheap as well. If I'm getting a game at Best Buy I'll walk through and put $5 on one of the gamer giftcards with the $5 off coupon before going back to get my game. :D Saves $5 every time.

Well I managed to get it for $45 shipped. I can live with that. Can't wait to play it. :)

Erasmus354 said:
For those having problems with the HUD....there are jammers in some missions (just read this in the tips page) that jam the use of your HUD. So the red triangles and what not wont show up.

I am starting to get really frustrated at some parts because I keep dieing over and over and over again. I dont know whether it is something I am doing wrong or if I am just not good enough to hold off 2 tanks and a 100 rebels by myself (the other 3 all died within the first 2 minutes and if I tried to heal them I had 5 guys shooting me in the back).

The most annoying thing is it seems to get harder every time I try the mission. I had one part where I got stuck, and I got almost all the way through the level. The next time I tried the exact same thing in the first part which worked, but I got massacred the second time. :(

I really do like the Black Hawk Down feel to the game though. When the thingy when Kaboom I almost jumped outta my seat, and I haven't done that from playing a video game in a looong time.

EDIT : Oh and Ubisoft is apparently Achievement Nazi's....nearly 150 of the 1000 achievement points are locked up in the 3 "Be the #1 player/team/solo in the world" categories.......seems a bit restrictive/hard to me.

I'm starting to get seriously frustrated with this game. Even on the normal difficulty, it seems to be unfair in some parts of the game. Oh well, give me a game like COD2 or Quake 4 anyday. I also wish you could quicksave in the middle of a mission as the checkpoints feel a little far apart at times. Maybe i'm just not fond of tactical shooters, but it's still pretty interesting of a game.

As FYI, I received a packet in the mail from BB this week that got you 10% off on games movies and music on regular price stuff. Bought Splinter Cell II and 24 Season 4 with gift cards and got the 10%. Reward zone does have its perks.

Check around, you might find an online coupon to take advantage of this weekends sale.

Frys had a sale online to get GR:AW for $47 but its up to normal price now.

Back