• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ghetto Systems! Post Yours!

alright, here..


untitled.jpg
 
Everything sits on top of the subs which face the wall. It actually sounds pretty good but it's too bad the subs don't go too low. I don't think i'd actually spend more money to get better subs at this point though, it would be slightly retarded for this generic setup. I've thought about it, oh how i've thought about it but following through is another story. I kind of wish I would have bought the Athena AS B2.2's just to hear the midbass on them. The 6.5" speakers might have improved the range a bit. Oh well, these sound damn good for the money.
 
aZn_plyR said:
lol, yes they are, and it's probably the picture's angle.... here let me give you another one.... that is a sony 20" BTW just to compare the size...




here ya go :)
I"m really tempted to buy those
I"m just wondering how do they sound compared to something like the athena as b1
 
Well it depends on how much you want to spend, I don't think there's anything better than these for the money, 80 bucks out the door for me. :D

The Athena B1.2's, while I have not listened to myself, will be overall brighter and more detailed than the Polk's.

I am not saying bright=detailed, just brighter and more detailed than the polks :p

Anyways, the R30's were no doubt the choice for me. Since If I bought the Athena's, it would've cost more to get to my house, plus I would've needed stands for them.
Besides, if you're planning to go 5.1 down the road, the polk setup is gonna cost much less overall. Thanks to fry's and outpost sales. Athena b1.2= 240 plus shipping for 2 pairs. center= 130? or 140? = 370-380 plus shipping.

Polk setup, if you go R30's =80 R15's= 40 CSi25= 70 overall 190 plus shipping depending where you live. so almost 50% less.



BUT you gotta listen yourself. run to a bestbuy to audition the Athena's, some people order them without listening and when they get them whines that they are too bright, while others, totally love them.


BTW, I can post some more detailed pictures of the R30 close up if you like. :cool:
 
hahaha thats awesome man. i love that...that is truly very ghetto. i have a curtis DVD 5.1 home theatre thing for $17.99 - use it for the tv and watching dvds.. And for that price, its maaad ghetto but it gets the job done...
 
Torquemada XP said:
That doesn't look very healthy...

exactly, and not an appealing atmosphere to work.

and what cheap builder. They use the abs. min. code to put in insulation--No insulation unless it's 3 ft. above ground. I mean, how expensive can insulation be.
 
aZn_plyR said:
Well it depends on how much you want to spend, I don't think there's anything better than these for the money, 80 bucks out the door for me. :D

The Athena B1.2's, while I have not listened to myself, will be overall brighter and more detailed than the Polk's.

I am not saying bright=detailed, just brighter and more detailed than the polks :p

Anyways, the R30's were no doubt the choice for me. Since If I bought the Athena's, it would've cost more to get to my house, plus I would've needed stands for them.
Besides, if you're planning to go 5.1 down the road, the polk setup is gonna cost much less overall. Thanks to fry's and outpost sales. Athena b1.2= 240 plus shipping for 2 pairs. center= 130? or 140? = 370-380 plus shipping.

Polk setup, if you go R30's =80 R15's= 40 CSi25= 70 overall 190 plus shipping depending where you live. so almost 50% less.



BUT you gotta listen yourself. run to a bestbuy to audition the Athena's, some people order them without listening and when they get them whines that they are too bright, while others, totally love them.


BTW, I can post some more detailed pictures of the R30 close up if you like. :cool:

thanks for the info and higher quality pics would be nice
do you know how heavy they are?
 
I ordered the athenas without listening to them and i'm not disappointed. I think anyone who jumps into speakers like this (from computer speakers) that actually have highs think they are bright. I've listened to mostly higher end car audio so that's the only thing I have to compare it to which is a bit different in the acoustics arena. I do know what I like when I hear speakers and these athenas are not bad at all. I need a little more midbass in my system and so far these athenas don't give me much but aren't too bad.
 
Ouch, that's bad man... that's really bad! lol... I listened to those at bestbuy... htey sound muddy and boomy ... specially for the money.... if you had 130 bucks to use.. outpost has the R30's for 100 bucks a pair right NOW.....

Also, you could've bought some Athena's B1.2's and some stands for around 160.. or anything besides a SONY LOW-END EQUIPMENT!!!!! nonoonnoooooooooo!!!!

lol, I am not bashing sony. I am bashing thier low end stuff.. thier highend things are pretty decent. But the low end speakers, receivers, HTIB, headphones that are consumer friendly at bestbuy and stuff sucks.. so I would cancel those right away!!

But if you listened to them and liked them... then ignore me :)
 
haadij404 said:
......
but since one of them has blown (only noticable at high volumes) im getting these. only $82 shipped so not bad. they will work fine with my sony amp (on the right side of my desk)

More info on these? (link?)
Thanks
 
aZn_plyR said:
Ouch, that's bad man... that's really bad! lol... I listened to those at bestbuy... htey sound muddy and boomy ... specially for the money.... if you had 130 bucks to use.. outpost has the R30's for 100 bucks a pair right NOW.....

Also, you could've bought some Athena's B1.2's and some stands for around 160.. or anything besides a SONY LOW-END EQUIPMENT!!!!! nonoonnoooooooooo!!!!

lol, I am not bashing sony. I am bashing thier low end stuff.. thier highend things are pretty decent. But the low end speakers, receivers, HTIB, headphones that are consumer friendly at bestbuy and stuff sucks.. so I would cancel those right away!!

But if you listened to them and liked them... then ignore me :)


Thanks for the warning man, but i went to best buy and listened to them. They sounded pretty good...They sounded "full" for a lack of a better word. I think they would sound perfect in my set up.... they are gonna be powered well and my woofer is gonna add the bass...so i think its okay. but yeah, if i dont like them, i can always return them from the site i bought, as they have a great return policy...so its okay... but yeah i just checked outpost.com, and they are $130 shipped...but i might seriosuly look at them...


thanks for the imput.

TED said:
More info on these? (link?)
Thanks

heres the info: http://www.overstock.com/sm-cat-sda...ker-pair--pg-proframe_pi-738472_ti-82124.html

But DO NOT order from overstock. they are a horrible online retailer...its pathetic. and dont be fooled by thier reviews, overstock only chooses good reviews to post on the site.

check this out: http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1634.html
 
alrite, so i might cancel my and one of these two: Polk R30 @ outpost.com or Sony SS- MF650H.

Here are the specs for both

R30: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006I5O5/002-3964750-8284829?v=glance&n=172282

$130 Shipped


SS- MF650H:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00029U12Q/ref=sr_11_1/002-3964750-8284829?_encoding=UTF8

$150 shipped.

The polk has one 6 1/2 inch cone
The sony has two 6 1/2 in cone

and the one ive already ordered has one 8 in cone...

here are some pics:

the polks
b00006i5o501a1j7wsbjhtgufasclz.jpg


the sonys
b00029u12q01sclzzzzzzz9xu.jpg


and the ones ive already ordered:
2770336fc.jpg


EDIT: the polks are only rated at 100w max...so they are outta the question now...my amp is 160w max...so yeah they are pointles...unless they are really that good...

which one do u reccomend?
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
First of all, Do NoT Rate the speakers by watts.... more watts than it can handle does not equal a bad thing. And besides, you are comparing sony's ratings....come on now, you should go see how they rate thier receivers... 100watts!! then when tested, barely 30 coming out. Ok stop with the sony's!!! PLEASE!!

The R30's ARE THE BEST floorstanding speakers you're gonna get in this pricerange new.... The sony's are in the same league as KLH speakers, which equal crap.

watts don't mean jack. You can drive the R30's with a 5 watt receiver and it'll still sound good. More power availible = better even if it exceeds the maximum of the speakers. The amp won't clip because it has more than enough juice.


The R30's luckily are still on sale, the R15's... surrounds for the R30's are on sale, 40 bucks a pair.

GRAB THEM WHILE THEY ARE STILL AVAILIBLE.


The R30's are very clear and smooth speakers.... while the sony, according to the O so many pairs my dad has, which are muddy and boomy. Which is not a good thing.

That's all I am gonna say, if you end up getting the sony's, then that's too bad, you're missing out on the best budget speakers you're gonna be getting for under 130 bucks.
 
You own a pair of r30s right? they are really that good? yeah, actually i have had bad luck with sony speakers before so you have a valid point. yeah i think im gonna go ahead and order the polks. thanks for the imput, i appreciate it.
 
Yes i did...and thanks to your aversion to sony :p lol...but yeah i cant wait for the speakers to arrive. ill let you know what i think of them once i get them...

again, thanks man.
 
Got the R30s today! they sound great, go great with my setup. im really happy i decided to go for these instead of the sonys. thanks for the advice azn player.

and n e one else with some ghettoness?
 
good, enjoy those, I myself just got the R15's to replace the surrounds I had put together on the cheap... and the R15's sounds very nice for thier size and how much I paid for them. The sound matches the R30's very well. :D
 
very nice. i like the r15s...good to hear they sound good too. i might get those as soon as i invest in a proper 5.1 reciever/amp. what are u gonna get for the center speaker?
 
I am thinking of grabbing the CSi25's when they go on sale or get them off new on ebay. They use the same kind of drivers as the r15's but there's two of them, same tweeters too so it should be a perfect match
 
WtF! You guys dont know what ghetto is.

Heres a real ghetto system
Picture1149.jpg

and another
Mvc-002f.jpg
 
dayam that is some sad shite. isnt that a fire hazard, and yeah thats not even a system, but ill give the ghetto part.

and azn plyr...those speakers u mentioned are quite nice. post everything once its all set up.
 
yeah it belongs in the ghetto mods not audio.... but either way it is ghetto
 
haadij404 said:
dayam that is some sad shite. isnt that a fire hazard, and yeah thats not even a system, but ill give the ghetto part.

and azn plyr...those speakers u mentioned are quite nice. post everything once its all set up.

will do, I am cleaning and organizing the surrounds right now and adjusting some things. Getting it ready to watch Final Fantasy 7 advent children the second time around but in English :D
 
nice nice, good stuff. my bro just rented that movie. i might just watch it.

and dayam, more then 50,000 members and only 50 ghetto systems.
 
Back
Top