Getting into this overclocking thingamajiggy ... overclocking help needed.

Hyper_Psycho

2[H]4U
I am becomming really bored doing nothing at home so I decided to do a little bit of overclocking on my computer (see sig).
I got a 2200+ at 1.89ghz = 14x * 135
When I tried 17 * 136 I could not boot up into windows but I could go through the bios bootup.
My question is should I rearange my memory modules. I took out the 512 kingston module and am working with 2 PC2700 Samsung 256mb-ers. They are in Dimm 1 and 2. Should I try 1 and 3 for dual rate results ?
What program could I run to see my improvements in overclocking ?
Is there a probability that my 2200 is locked ?
I am not trying to get like some mad speed with my processor but I would like to up it just a tiny bit. Any help is welcommed.

PS: Right now the CPU is at 33C and the NB at 25C.

try 15 x 136 or try 14 x 140 and see if that boots then up the fsb in 5 mhz increments

alright ... I shall try...

UPDATE :

14*140 froze windows

Right now 139*14 = 1.96 works ...

What should I try now ?

UpDATe 2:

15*133 will not let me get into windows
trying 15*132 right now

Update 3:
15*132 will let me get inot windows but locks up when trying to log in

What can I try to do since any FSB over 139 with 14 multiplier locks up and getting the multiplier to 15 won't work at all....

any help is appreciated ....

Try giving it a little bit more voltage. Put the Vcore in the bios up by one increment (normally .025 volts) and then try.

Originally posted by M1dknight
Try giving it a little bit more voltage. Put the Vcore in the bios up by one increment (normally .025 volts) and then try.

ok ill try that ?
sould i try a 15x multipier then ?

UPDATE
15x133 @ 1.675v did not work
14x140 @1.675 vcore works right now

You might need a little more voltage just keep an eye on your temps as they will climb. Just for a guide line it takes 1.825 volts to get my 2400+ to run at the speed in my sig.

Dang, thats alot ... well I am trying 1.7v right now 133x15 .... its booting up into windows as I type this .. hope it works...

UPDATE
Got it working at 2GHz! yey !
Temp is still at 31 C !

Is there a program that I can run that will tell me if there are any errors with the new overclocked settings ?

Originally posted by M1dknight
Try prime95, super_pi, sandra burn in and 3d mark.

well prime found errors and then i downed the fsb and it was still showing up ... winamp was crashing, other programs were crashing and it looks like that the overclock was a failure. damn.... maybe I should get a 2500 and some twin x memory and that should yield good results ?

Give it a little more voltage then. Just remember not to let the temps get too high.

Back