• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Geforce FX5700LE Problems

Joined
Oct 10, 2003
Messages
57
I recently helped a friend install a Jaton Geforce FX5700LE in his Dell Demension 3000 and everything looks alot better in games. But after playing World of Warcraft for a while, some of the textures in the sky at the character selection screen, clouds, healing animations in the game have been kinda screwy.

wowscrnshot0920053tq.jpg


And it also seems the mini map is messed up too. Could this be a problem with the card itself or just WoW? Outside of the game, everything looks good, nothing wrong with the desktop or when watching movies. I had him turn off all his addons and delete the interface folder, just to make sure it wasnt one of them but that didnt help.
 
Most immediate and obvious question, did he update his drivers to nVidia's latest?
 
Yes, get driver cleaner to get rid of old nvidia files, install latest detonators and get latest patch for the game.

oldmx
 
Thanks for the responses, I did download the latest drivers and the game has the latest patch but I didnt run Driver Cleaner, I'll try that and see if it clears up the problem. Thanks again.
 
Back
Top