GDC 2010 CryEngine 3 Tech Trailer Shows Crysis 2 With Awesome Physics and Destruction

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
Check this out, looks really epic: http://www.gamephys.com/2010/03/13/...rysis-2-with-awesome-physics-and-destruction/

info about CryEngine 3 physics from the tech info page here: http://www.crytek.com/technology/cryengine-3/specifications/

* Integrated Multi-threaded High Performance Physics Engine
CryENGINE®3 physics can be applied to almost everything in a game world – including buildings, props, trees and vegetation – to model realistic reactions to forces such as wind currents, explosions, gravity, friction and collisions with other objects. All this can be done without the need for external middleware.

* Interactive & Destructible Environments
All environments in CryENGINE®3 can be dynamically physicalized, regardless of their nature (wood, steel, concrete, natural vegetation, cloth and soft body physics). This allows procedural destruction and deformation of as much of the
environment as the game requires. All broken objects and parts can be interactive, with realistic properties such as mass or buoyancy applied to all kinds of debris.

* Advanced Rope Physics
Bendable vegetation that responds to wind, rain or character movement, realistically interactive rope bridges and physically driven creature tentacle animations are just some of the uses to which Crytek has put its rope physics technology.

Thanks, this would probably be better in the existing Cry 3 Physics thread, but its a good link. People around the net seem to be impressed with this, but I don't see anything beyond what was shown in Cry2. I think new to CryEngine 3 is deformable objects (soft body physics). That's a great addition. Beyond that I thought Crysis physics were good enough. I wouldn't expect anything beyond that for years to come. FFT water + rigid & soft body physics is plenty. Maybe some Navier-Stokes fluid solver for volumetric smoke & some cool looking small volume water.

Back