Gateway FHD2400 Setup

crossbo

n00b
Hey guys, hopefully someone out there can help me out with this.

First off, I got the FHD2400 and I am loving it. Hooked up my xbox360 to it and it is great.

Now the question I have is:
I have 2 computers at my house. Both computers have both VGA and DVI connections. I am trying to find out what the optimum setup would be for my monitor, keyboard and mouse would be so that I can use both computers.

I had a KVM switch (ps2 connections) and for some reason its not working with the new monitor. No biggie, its about time I upgraded to USB anyway.

Does this monitor allow me to hook up one set of keyboard and mouse for both computers?

Any suggestions or ideas? Ultimately I would like to get this setup without buying a USB KVM switch if not needed (which still is costly these days).

The xbox360 isn't the problem. Set that up on HDMI. To be honest I don't think the video cables are the problem either. Getting both the keyboard and mouse to work with both computers is my issue now. My current model KVM switch is not working with this monitor for some reason. It detects the video, but not detecting that there is a mouse or keyboard connected. I tried a few different ways of connecting it to the KVM but with no solution. I gave up after 2 hours of plugging and unplugging and rebooting. That's when I reached out to you guys on here to see if anyone else has a similiar setup.

Any help you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Back