Gates Lashes Out Against Mac Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linking to a video on youtube that is fake isn't helping your argument.

Did you even watch the video? I don't see how it is "fake". Perhaps you are one of those people that constantly criticize things without even seeing or thinking about them?

The point is, Enthusiasts are different kinds of computer users than the average Joe. The Average Joe would never attempt to OC their processor (they probably don't even know what overclocking is), they also would never tinker with stuff like what is shown in the video. The enthusiast does, and enjoys it. Would the enthusiast do something like what was done in the video to their brand new $2000 computer, probably not. The enthusiast WOULD probably spend a great deal of time seeing how far they can "safely" push their new components however.

People of course pick out a single not-so-relevant item in my post and bash it, rather than see the greater point I was trying to make. Happens every time. It's an attack and only helps to point out the general mentality that "ONE MUST PREVAIL" or "ONE MUST BE THE BEST AT EVERYTHING" which is false.

Sure Windows might be the best for YOU, but MacOS is the best for some others. I hope we never reach the point where there is only one OS for everything and everyone.

I should clarify.

The video was posted in response to this claim by Piako:
OMFG I sooooooo didn't know that people on hardforum LIKE to blow up their computers.

So they get explosives and stuff and then detonate them? Wow, can you link to the post where you read that?

It's to show that yes, indeed, people do this.

He called the video fake because it was, indeed, fake. As in staged. We've all seen it before.

If Microsoft tried to include all the stuff you get in OSX they would be slapped with more anti-trust lawsuits than you can imagine.

I'm not anti-Mac, in fact, I would love to be able to dual boot OSX on my homebuilt, but I can't do it legally. However, I do have a low bullshit tolerance and there is a lot of it in both those commercials and in this thread.

I don't blame Gates for getting upset, he's been listening to brain-dead idiots quoting those commercials for months, and then he gets to hear it from someone who should be smart enough to know better. I'd be annoyed, too.

If Microsoft tried to include all the stuff you get in OSX they would be slapped with more anti-trust lawsuits than you can imagine.

Good point, they do already get enough sh*t as it is even being a pretty lonely OS program wise (compared to other OS's). 400 million dollar fines and such. :rolleyes:

I find it interesting how people keep using the argument that macs are better because it has better security than windows and that macs little or no spyware.

Seeing that windows is in around 90%(this or some high %) of all computers and mac shares the 10% with all other OS's, it is obvious that there would be more people searching for exploits for windows and writing spyware for windows than all the other OS.

This argument would be like saying that the rock in my hand wards off lions. But then I live in a house in the middle of the suburb and the chance of a lion appearing is astronomically low. In the end no one knows if my rock really wards of lions because there are no lions around. Just like you can't make an argument that mac has better security when there aren't that many people hacking and writing spyware for it.

The more people that use macs the more likely that more people will find exploits and write spyware for it, so encouraging people to change to mac is kinda ________. (ah i cant find the right word.... ironic?).
Do mac supporters really think macs would be secure if it had 98% of market?

This argument goes the same with Linux and all other secure OS's.
(of course windows isnt all that great, i'm just saying the argument is invalid)

Oh yea and about the commericals, they're funny the first few times, but then it's like beating on a dead horse when you see it over and over. Like your friend that say the same insult joke over and over, at one point you want to punch him in the face.

whats REALLY funny, is that anyone cares about any of this and keeps posting;)

Sorry for my mistake. I took about 10 seconds wrighting it on my lunch break. I do understand the difference believe it or not and I stand by what I said. What you said about movies and the like may be accurate, but all but final cut pro can be had on a PC and be cheaper and just as good. I be willing to bet that 90% of everything around you was done on a pc. From the plain you ride to the equipment used to print said advertisements and even the furniture you sit on and eat off of. Macs are good at a few very speciphic things and that's about it. Also apples propriety nature has always rubbed me the wrong way and a lange portion of the type of people that buy them do too. Not that they're all spastic retards or anything, but a lot of them that I've met are. They seem to thing they're so superior because they own a mac and it's just so much better than anything else. Flame away.

Writing
Plane
specific
proprietary
large

/spelling Nazi

Oh, and before anyone goes about quoting my last post, let me remind you some of the people who are bashing the Macs in this here thread are the same people I see crapping their pants over how Vista or XP is causing them issues in the OS forum.

Oh really? Engage in Hyperbole much?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

Then again, that seems to be synonymous with "Apple", from commercials to victi... users, it would seem.

Apple is just trying to all cool so the kids can ask for a mac instead of a pc. PCs dominate in practically all categories. Mac might be more stable and robust but the pc has more to offer than a mac any day lol. One of my friends got a mac and wanted to convert it to a pc since the games and software was limiting ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back