• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Gaming Headphones

Kmat

Weaksauce
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
108
Ok, I have tried to read and search forums yet I can't make a decision on what is a good set of Headphones for Gaming and listening to music on the pc. I am hoping to build a PC next year and starting to put together a list. The sound card I am planning on using is Razer Barracuda AC1 card but not their headphones. I have read almost all the reviews for their headphones as well the people here who have them and they dont seem good. I have read the forums here and most people say between Seinheisers 595, Beyerdynamics DT770 or 880's and Grados SR125 but I can't decide. If you wanted to use your PC for "Primarliy" gaming and "Secondarily" Music, what cans would you get?

Kmat
 
For gaming use either the HD595's or Audio Technica ATH-A900's. I personally own the 595's and everyone including myself that listens to them is seriously impressed. The have a very up front sound stage and thats what you want for gaming. You want to feel as if you are immersed in the environment. Thats what the 595's give you.
 
daos said:
For gaming use either the HD595's or Audio Technica ATH-A900's. I personally own the 595's and everyone including myself that listens to them is seriously impressed. The have a very up front sound stage and thats what you want for gaming. You want to feel as if you are immersed in the environment. Thats what the 595's give you.

What is the sound stage? I have heard from others in this forum about the 595 for Sennheiser and they say that the bass is weak. Is it true?

Kmat
:)
 
bass is a bit weak when you first get them, but after abotu 100 hours of burn in, the bass comes out and only gets better the more you use it. but it all depends on how much of a bass head you are. if you want boomy, bloated bass,the 595's aren't for you.
 
Laxx said:
bass is a bit weak when you first get them, but after abotu 100 hours of burn in, the bass comes out and only gets better the more you use it. but it all depends on how much of a bass head you are. if you want boomy, bloated bass,the 595's aren't for you.

Naw I am not a bass head. In one of the discussion forums they were talking about one of the problems with Barracuda HP-1 was that its bass was very weak so to me, anything with weak bass is probably bad for gaming. Although I have heard many people recommend 595, they have said that it also has weak bass compared to Beyer Dynamics 770 and 880. It also seams that those headphones are too powerful that you need an amp along with headphones to really get the full functionality out of the headphones. This is the first time that I have read that 595 need a burn in to get the bass. Do you know what a sound stage is?

Kmat
 
Kmat said:
Naw I am not a bass head. In one of the discussion forums they were talking about one of the problems with Barracuda HP-1 was that its bass was very weak so to me, anything with weak bass is probably bad for gaming. Although I have heard many people recommend 595, they have said that it also has weak bass compared to Beyer Dynamics 770 and 880. It also seams that those headphones are too powerful that you need an amp along with headphones to really get the full functionality out of the headphones. This is the first time that I have read that 595 need a burn in to get the bass. Do you know what a sound stage is?

Kmat

yes i know what a soundstage is. and if the dt770's do have more bass, but they are harder to drive than the 595's. if you want to know more, check this thread out.
 
Back
Top