• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Gamibg CRT's

Inf3rn0_44

n00b
Joined
Dec 30, 2011
Messages
5
I am getting a crt for gaming and basic work too.

I have the option of

Hitachi CM812U

or

Sony GDM-5402

I am buying two of one model that is better

So, (H)ard|Ware which is better?
 
Last edited:
I am getting a crt for gaming and basic work too.

I have the option of

Hitachi CM812U

or

Sony GDM-5402

I am buying two of one model that is better

So, (H)ard|Ware which is better?

No vote for neither of them? :D

Why get a CRT if I may ask?
 
No vote for neither of them? :D

Why get a CRT if I may ask?

Haha I get this so much.
They have no input lag (ZERO), 90+ hz refresh rates, and awesome resolutions! Amazing colors with professional tuning. Damn things are rock solid. Good for input lag testing. Oh yea, they will never get stolen LOL. Also they are soon to be gone, and I want the chance to have a huge piece of monitor history. Those are just a few thoughts, I can keep on going if you want.
 
Haha I get this so much.
They have no input lag (ZERO), 90+ hz refresh rates, and awesome resolutions! Amazing colors with professional tuning. Damn things are rock solid. Good for input lag testing. Oh yea, they will never get stolen LOL. Also they are soon to be gone, and I want the chance to have a huge piece of monitor history. Those are just a few thoughts, I can keep on going if you want.

Dont the new lcd's have 120hz, look good, bigger screen, and can be tuned? Not sure on the lag, never noticed.
Stolen, well yeah, even a big 60" is easy to carry. hehe
 
THE BEST monitor ever is SONY GDM-FW900 24" 16:10 monitor with 22.5" viewable and 2304x1440@80Hz.

Unlike LCD crap that is sold in stores nowadays this monitor actually have a soul...
 
Dont the new lcd's have 120hz, look good, bigger screen, and can be tuned? Not sure on the lag, never noticed.
Stolen, well yeah, even a big 60" is easy to carry. hehe

Don't you have to run games @ 120fps to fully benefit from a 120hz LCD? (At least PC LCDs).

Thats whats like about CRT / Plasma, you get detailed motion clarity even @ 60fps.
 
Don't you have to run games @ 120fps to fully benefit from a 120hz LCD? (At least PC LCDs).

Thats whats like about CRT / Plasma, you get detailed motion clarity even @ 60fps.

Actualy no!
With 120hz LCD screens, you will even notice a big difference at 60fps ask any 120hz lcd user like me.
 
My CRT died 6 weeks ago and now i have a LCD oh dammit i miss my CRT a lot now. :(
This LCD's simply SUCK :mad: i hop we get cheap OLED monitors next year so LCD's can burn in hell. :)
 
Last edited:
THE BEST monitor ever is SONY GDM-FW900 24" 16:10 monitor with 22.5" viewable and 2304x1440@80Hz.

Unlike LCD crap that is sold in stores nowadays this monitor actually have a soul...

Man, the shit I would do to find one of those. The only one I can find is in Cali and it cost like 100+ to ship out to RI.....
I will keep looking. I want two hahah
Also I feel that the best monitors are 16:10, don't you think?
 
Man, the shit I would do to find one of those. The only one I can find is in Cali and it cost like 100+ to ship out to RI.....
I will keep looking. I want two hahah
Also I feel that the best monitors are 16:10, don't you think?


Depends on what you want to do with the monitor. I'd like one of those new 21:9 monitors, but they're much too small and have too small of a resolution.
 
Also I feel that the best monitors are 16:10, don't you think?
- the best CRT ever is 16:10
- all RGB-LED monitors are 16:10
- A-TW monitors are mostly 16:10
- hardware calibrated monitors are mostly 16:10

obviously when one want quality 16:10 monitors are way to go :)
 
Back
Top