• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

G620 enough for 1080p?

Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
641
I want build a HTPC and would rather use the built in graphics of the CPU.

Ive read reviews and the G620 is pretty much on par with 2100t.

I know Intel SB has had problem with 23.976 but these seem to have been solved with recent updates and turning off UAC?


So the question is, will it be enough running G620 with "stripped down" Intel HD 2000?
 
yes, more than enough.the regular hd gpu on the pentium's and the hd 2000 gpu is just a few features. otherwise they are identical in every regard. the only features that interest me are audio over hdmi, and 264 acceleration. the standard hd gpu does that.

anandtech said:
Where the vanilla HD Graphics loses is in video features: Quick Sync, InTru 3D (Blu-ray 3D), Intel Insider (DRM support for web streaming of high bitrate HD video) and Clear Video HD (GPU accelerated post processing) are all gone. Thankfully you do still get hardware H.264 video acceleration and fully audio bitstreaming support (including TrueHD/DTS-HD MA).

Missing Quick Sync is a major blow, although as I mentioned earlier I'm very disappointed in the poor support for the feature outside of the initial launch applications. The rest of the features vary in importance. To someone building a basic HTPC, a Sandy Bridge Pentium will do just fine. Personally I never play anything in 3D, never use the Clear Video HD features and never use Intel Insider so I wouldn't notice the difference between a Sandy Bridge Pentium and a Core i5 for video playback.
 
Back
Top