G-Sync / AMD Freesync help please, advice needed

bizzmeister

2[H]4U
Hey guys,

So I have 2 setups, both with nvidia cards. One with a 1080Ti and another with a 2070 Super

Both are run currently on the g-sync dell 144hz 2560x1440 gaming monitor.

I could care less about g-sync and freesync. I don’t use it and have no interest in it. If I buy a 144hz “freesync” labeled monitor for the 144hz display completely ignoring Gsync/freesync, does it make a difference ?

I just want a 144hz display. Will my experience be the same as it is for me now on me “gsync” labeled monitor if I just set it to the native 2560x1440 @ 144hz without either tech running?

I could care less about g-sync and freesync. I don’t use it and have no interest in it. If I buy a 144hz “freesync” labeled monitor for the 144hz display completely ignoring Gsync/freesync, does it make a difference ?

There is no requirement that you have to use Freesync or G-Sync. Your monitor will still be able to run at it's max resolution and refresh rate. There is really no reason not to enable it though, if both your card and monitor support it. Nvidia cards support freesync just fine now.

There is no requirement that you have to use Freesync or G-Sync. Your monitor will still be able to run at it's max resolution and refresh rate. There is really no reason not to enable it though, if both your card and monitor support it. Nvidia cards support freesync just fine now.

Thanks for the replies guys. My main concern was that I get my 144hz refresh rate regardless of the tech used.

“Could care less”

Should be “couldn't care less”

Your call on that, but its curious to me you say you can’t see the difference. I suspect something isn’t setup correctly. VRR is a HUGE boon to overall gaming experience and smoothness. Ill not go to another monitor without it for gaming — personally speaking.

In answer to your question. Its always optional. And if you have Gsync off now, then theoretically a similar quality freesync panel should give you a near identical experience with free sync off.

But like another poster said. Why in the world would you want it off?

Back