FX 5600 dead?

CONE

n00b
Joined
Jun 20, 2003
Messages
30
So I come downstairs and flip on my monitor as I usually do... Except this time the monitor just stays in "sleep mode." I move the mouse frantically and hit the keyboard to no avail. I thought nothing of it and restart the computer but there was still no signal to the monitor. It is not the same as having the monitor unplugged however. When unplugged from the graphics card, it displays "No Signal", but when plugged into the graphics card it stays in sleep mode.

I have tried the FX 5600 in another computer and all I managed to get was the graphics card bios, nothing more. I can see no burn marks on the card what so ever. Is there anything I could try, maybe flashing another bios, before I purchase a new card?
 
other than RMA'ing i to the company that made it (unless you were OCing it), not much you can do.
 
samething happened to my friend ti300 all of a sudden. we tried EVERYTHING but nothing worked, plugging it in again and again and then my friend got pist like hell so he push the videocard in as hard as possible and it finally worked. try that but make sure you dont snap it!
 
Back
Top