Fuji X-T2 or X-T1 system

Etherton

Will Bang for Poof
Anyone here using a Fuji system? I am thinking about picking up a X-T2 or possibly the X-T1 and some lenses. Would like to hear some opinions and post some shots if you have some.

Thanks!

A light weight system that is good for travel. General street, landscape and some portrait photography. I'm tired of packing 30-40 some odd pounds of gear around with me. It's no fun anymore.

Yeah, you're at Fuji or MFT for that. None of the other makers are interested in building out their APS-C systems alongside their 135-format systems.

The X-T1 is plenty for those uses, but the 'pro' additions in the X-T2 like dual cards and the AF joystick (every camera needs this!) will help, and the extra resolution will also help for landscapes. It's hard to recommend the X-T1 given that it's been replaced as well, but you might find a good deal on one and be able to pick up another lens or two, depending on what all you need.

XT-2 for sure if you're going to take the leap for sure.
Otherwise for Fuji and street/travel the single lens X100T is pretty sweet. It's by far the most minimal and small option. It does have other "lens options" too if you're so inclined. There is a 28mm wide angle adapter and a 50mm adapter. Both of which affect balance but have zero negative effects on optical quality and still maintain the f/2 Aperture.

The other system to take a serious look at is of course Sony. The A7R II is probably the best tiny full frame camera around. With its short lens distance, you can more or less use any Leica/Rangefinder lens around via adapters, which allows for a lot of lightweight and small options. It's probably by far the most costly way to go though, other than buying a Leica body.

Last edited:
Not sure about XT2 but I heard many complains about moisture affecting the XT1, like shooting waterfalls, etc. Hopefully the XT2 has better weather sealing.

Back