FS: Sony Vaio laptop PCG-GRZ660 $975 shipped

P Masta Flex

Weaksauce
selling off my laptop, I need money for school more than I need it :(

sony vaio PCG-GRZ660

p4b 2.4ghz 400fsb 512kb l2 cache (not celeron)
512 ddr ram
ati7500c 32mb dedicated ram
40gb rom over 2 hard drives
DVD-R/RW <---------------------------------------
4pin firewire, memorystick slot, 56k modem, internal nic

a shitton of software that came with it and I'll go ahead and throw microsoft office back on it after I reformat it.

I only sell things using paypal, I need a middle man.

price is 975 shipped

well taken care of, great machine (im just too poor to have it sitting there)

GRZ610.jpg

YHPM = You Have Private Message
YHEM = You Have Electronic Mail or Email ;)

im am up for certin trades as long as they involve $500 or more in cash, as in reducing the price for certin items (asus 9800pro, 10,000rpm HD, large CRT monitors (black))

and a couple of other things.

bump

and although im all ears for trades, I need some cash, so a trade and some cash to go along is all im interested in.

did you ever respond to my PM? Please get in touch with me...

It was packed suffiecently, I spent 20 mins making sure no ammount of jaring would mess it up, marked it fragile all over and they still F#$@ed it up. Working it through now, and I still have no idea how they (the USPS) could have messed it up short of stepping on it.

I would recomend not using Priority mail for anything of high dollar value again, I certinly wont.

I'll post how it goes with the insurance claim.

havent heard from you, i want my money back, i've been really patience about this and go along with your insurance claim thing.

Insurance claim? hmmm...the laptop interests me but no pics have been posted....what is the vid card in there?

1) uggh. FedEx killed my last package... THEY LOST THE CONTENTS. !?!? "We still have the package sir, just not the contents." ... good work guys.

2) Now is when pics posted of the laptop for sale would be nice... was it broken before it was shipped? During shipping? After it was unwrapped... and fell off the table? It'd be nice to know for sure USPS did it.

3) This sucks for both of you (if the carrier did it) ... insurance claims take time, the $$ would have been spent at least in part, if not entirely once it arrived (after all, the laptop is fine... why wouldn't you take the money and do the stuff you need to with it... (say school :D ) ... but now that the laptop is NOT fine... everybody is apt to get "freakout" mode on.

4) May I ask that more info be posted? We need to know if the trader is doing what he should be in this situation.

I would consider buying the laptop is the state it is in to help the buyer recoup some of the loss until the insurance is taken care of. Please let me know if you are interested and if so what video card is in this model.

It's ATI MOBILITY RADEON 7500C
The laptop turns on fine, but the bottom chasis and hinges is broken, sony said it will cost $264.17 to get it replaced.

There arent any bubble protection on the package, only news paper wrap when i got it. the bottom chasis and hinges are broken, it power up fine though

Ok I would ask that if the prior seller of this system does not respond that a Mod get invovled.

The Buyer of this system and myself have made an agreemnt as on I will buy this system along with some other items and some cash from him and he will buy my current laptop but the person above needs to respond on the Claim with USPS. Apparently they told the buyer that after 7 days no claim can be made and as of right now nothing is known about the existing claim so I would be a little worried as is the buyer.

The buyer, Ethan; tells me that the seller mentioned a protection program at CompUSA. If so we need to know more about this plan as there is one where I live and it would greatly speed things up. So if the Seller would please respond back to this forum for us. Thanks

--Cross

Ok as stated above (so if MOD's ever need to be brought into this) I have agreed to trade with ethen and have since recieved the following laptop. The screen itself works, however the the system is cracked on the LCD casing and bottom. It also appears the cooling is no longer working as the system just shut off on me twice and feels as hot as my Wallstreet G3 would run. The system is not getting very far as for being repaired.

It was stated that CompUSA would repair the system, while the warrenty is currently being transfered according to the Original seller, the warranty center has no record of a warranty on this system under any name. It does have a sticker on it indicating repair is available though. Now as for the system being covered, the case is not unless I personally break the LCD. The damage to the case is considered cosmetic. While the over heating is new (atleast thats what I think it is I also tried to run my Windows XP Pro CD because the system only came with the last restore cd...the other two were not included according to ethen. It would not do anything. (just sat there, it bought up the XP auto launch screen but thats it.) Anyway the system is not fixed and this system was reported as having a problem how long ago? The system needs to be repaired and I have taken over because ethen is a friend and we made an agreement because he need's a system now and while it drives me nuts not to have a laptop I felt I could put up with a Celeron 600 until it was fixed. So the laptop is now mine and awaiting repairs!

Again back to the facts;
1) Laptop was damaged in shipping
2) Laptop is still damaged and not fully functional as of 4/9/2004
3) Laptop's warrenty status unknown and repairs may not be covered.

Point blank, This system has been broken to long. After speaking with the seller I know he would not let this happen to himself. This system needs to be repaired this week. I no longer care how, personally I want it sent to Sony in light of the inspection I have given it, that way it can be fully tested and everything repaired as it should be. I would like to know the steps to reporting problems to local law as I know others have done this aswell as the system clearly is not in the condition it should be in. Thanks MOD's.

--Cross

Back