FS: Baby Coming, All Must Go. PC Parts, TV Tuners, TiVo, HTPC, More

voidunknown

[H]ard|Gawd
As stated in the title, I'm having a baby. He's coming in mid July so I gotta make room. All this stuff has got to go. No REASONABLE offer will be refused.

Bumps are appreciated and returned. I spent a lot of time creating this post, not to mention the $2,000 worth of baby stuff I gotta buy. If you read it, bump it.

Contact and References:
Email: timdavis ((at)) gmail ((DOT)) com
Heat: voidunknown
eBay: voidunknown

Payment and Shipping:
Payment Methods Accepted: PayPal, Money Order, Cashiers Check
PayPal Address: timdavis ((at)) gmail ((DOT)) com
Shipping Method: Either USPS Priority or UPS. All prices include shipping to the contental US, unless otherwise noted.

Item Condition:
All items are in used condition and verified working, unless otherwise stated. I will guarentee everything against DOA (unless of course noted).

HTPC, MCE and TV:

Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 500 MCE Dual TV Tuner Card *NIB*
Brand new. I took this out of the box to put it in a HTPC, card didn't fit. It came right out and went back into the box.
SOLD!

Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 500 MCE Dual TV Tuner Card
This is a great card. About 6 months old. Never had any issues with it. Always performed well.
SOLD!

2x Hauppauge WinTV-PCR 150MCE-LP TV Tuner Cards
These are both great cards. About 1 month old each. Had to use these when the above 500MCE wouldn't fit into my SFF HTPC case.
SOLD!

2x Media Center Remotes w/Receiver
1 remote is about a month old and works great. The other remote does not work, but the receiver does.
Working Remote --> SOLD!
Broken Remote --> SOLD!

TiVo - Sony SVR-2000 (Series 1) w/LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION
Yes, this TiVo has a LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION. You will NOT have to pay any monthly fees. I hacked the TiVo myself and installed an ethernet card so that it will update guide information via the internet, not the phone line. You can also access the TiVo via your home network and install linux programs on it or transfer your recorded TV to your computer.
UPDATE: This TiVo has been upgraded. It has 1x 120GB Hard Drive and 1x 30GB hard drive. The total HD space on this TiVo is 150GB. You can see for yourself in the pictures below. It also has a 180 Hour recording time for basic quality. Pretty nice. :)
SOLD!

Hard Drives:

Maxtor 40GB SATA Hard Drive
Good, working hard drive. This drive is also about 1 month old.
SOLD!

Processors:

AMD Sempron 2800+ S754
Processor is about 6 months old. Comes with retail HSF (as pictured). Never overclocked, always kept at stock speeds.
SOLD!

Memory:

Kingston ValueRAM 512MB DDR 333MHz (PC2700)
Again, 6 months old. Works great. It's Kingston, so, Lifetime Warranty. Need I say more?
SOLD!

Motherboards:

ABIT KV8 Pro Motherboard S754
Motherboard is in perfect condition. The above Sempron 2800+ is what this baby ran. Always solid, never an issue.
Specs Here
SOLD!

Audio:

Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music
This card is 2 months old. I have the original box, manual and CD for it. If you haven't heard a Sound Blaster X-Fi, you are missing out. This thing can make surround sound from any stereo source. It also really makes your music come alive. I wouldn't sell it if I didn't already have 2 more for myself. :)
SOLD!

Creative Labs Home Theater Connect DTS-610 Digital Audio Encoder
Ok, most of you probably won't know what this is. The DTS-610 takes any analog source and turns it into Digital, DTS encoded audio that can be output to your home theater system via SPDIF Optical. It will work with any 5.1 to 7.1 sound card and plugs in via standard 3.5mm headphone jacks. I bought this because there are a lot of sound cards out there (including the Sound Blaster X-Fi) that will NOT output Digital Audio from DVD or DRM protected content via digital signal. So unless your home theater system has analog inputs (most don't) you are screwed. DTS-610 to the rescue!
More Info Here
Price: $80

Aww pay pal only, how do you not trust US dollars. Oh well, bump 4 u :) . Almost forgot 2 mention: GL with your new baby. HF.

You know, I was thinking I should change that actually. I think I will..

Thanks for the luck. :)

NOW ACCEPTING MONEY ORDERS AND CASHIERS CHECKS!

yay :p BTW, that kingston ram is looking awfully tempting right now. If only I needed some ram :(

alik4041 said:
yay :p BTW, that kingston ram is looking awfully tempting right now. If only I needed some ram :(
You do need it. :)

Also, I will give a discount for MULTIPLE items purchased at once.

ty4bumpbump

i already found my card
but that home theater connect thing looks interesting
now will it take my 5.1 system hooked up to my reciever and allow me to get 5.1 on my pc
cause i have same sound card and hook a single cable from back of my reciever to the card

Gun_Strife said:
ty4bumpbump

i already found my card
but that home theater connect thing looks interesting
now will it take my 5.1 system hooked up to my reciever and allow me to get 5.1 on my pc
cause i have same sound card and hook a single cable from back of my reciever to the card
Well, to be honest, I don't know if that will work. It does have an SPDIF Optical in, but I believe that is just a passthrough to the SPDIF Optical out. That way you have an extra Optical input for your reciever. I have never tried it. Get it and try it out. :) If it doesn't work, you can always still use it the way it was intended since you have a SB X-Fi already. :D

lol i could buy it but have no pc speakers just my 5.1 setup into my reciever I wouldnt mind if it didnt work like that if it was really cheap :D
maybe ill see if i can get one local test it out and then return to them, and if it works buy ur
and congrats on da kid(coming soon)

bump for good stuff...wish I had the cash...I'd help ya out even if I didn't need anything. I have 3 kids of my own so I know what it's like ;)

Gun_Strife said:
lol i could buy it but have no pc speakers just my 5.1 setup into my reciever I wouldnt mind if it didnt work like that if it was really cheap :D
maybe ill see if i can get one local test it out and then return to them, and if it works buy ur
and congrats on da kid(coming soon)
Ok, well just let me know. I seriously doubt you will find one locally though. These are pretty rare.

nst6563 said:
bump for good stuff...wish I had the cash...I'd help ya out even if I didn't need anything. I have 3 kids of my own so I know what it's like ;)
Thanks for the effort. :)

Edit: TiVo info updated. It's 150GB!!! I had no idea :D

If I wasn't expecting my first baby in November I'd probably take one of those PVR cards off your hands, but I'm in the same boat as you are, trying to make room!

mj007 said:
If I wasn't expecting my first baby in November I'd probably take one of those PVR cards off your hands, but I'm in the same boat as you are, trying to make room!

Dang. Alot of people on this forum got busy. Everyone is expecting babies. Now you guys made me want one.

bump for some great hardware that I actually run in my HTPC ;) You won't be disappointed by the DTS-610, X-Fi for great high fidelity sound ( if you have good speakers/reciever to boot :)

yeah we should have a [h]ardbaby.com with our kids using their own computers ( leapfrog) or something of such hahaha... then us dad's will be trying to upgrade the ram and what not in them things... and what not

this is our First child... so I havent had a chance to build my kid a comp yet but i did build my nephew a decent gaming rig he is now 9yrs old... he love playing halo on it...

ademster said:
yeah we should have a [h]ardbaby.com with our kids using their own computers ( leapfrog) or something of such hahaha... then us dad's will be trying to upgrade the ram and what not in them things... and what not

Leapfrog?? My 2 older sons have their 5 yr old brother playing Warcraft and xbox 360. After that, his Leapfrog doesn't quite cut it. He knows more than his father about a computer but then again, that's not saying much :p

PS. Wanna' trade a PVR for some baby things? lol Got some like new baby toys etc. that by xmas would be about right. My youngest was born in June and he got some of these things for his first xmas. They grow out of them so fast and we were in the middle of a move so the toys were packed most of the time.

Good luck with the baby!

lagerter said:
Leapfrog?? My 2 older sons have their 5 yr old brother playing Warcraft and xbox 360. After that, his Leapfrog doesn't quite cut it. He knows more than his father about a computer but then again, that's not saying much :p

PS. Wanna' trade a PVR for some baby things? lol Got some like new baby toys etc. that by xmas would be about right. My youngest was born in June and he got some of these things for his first xmas. They grow out of them so fast and we were in the middle of a move so the toys were packed most of the time.

Good luck with the baby!
Show me some pictures and get me a list. It's a possibility we could do a trade if your stuff is worth it. :)

Seriously?? :eek:
I didn't think you'd actually consider it. I'll dig some of the things out tomorrow and let you know.
Bump in the meantime :D

lagerter said:
Seriously?? :eek:
I didn't think you'd actually consider it. I'll dig some of the things out tomorrow and let you know.
Bump in the meantime :D
Yea, seriously. I need baby stuff. I'm not promising anything, but you never know. :)

Forums were down yesterday so I spent the day outside turning over the garden :D
Will try to get everything out tonight for you.

Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?

Good Luck!!!

lagerter said:
Forums were down yesterday so I spent the day outside turning over the garden :D
Will try to get everything out tonight for you.

Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?

Good Luck!!!
Yea, forums where down allllll day. :( I had to find something else to do too. :p I put up a ceiling fan and put together some of the baby stuff.

It's definately a boy. There is not a doubt in my mind after the ultrasound. :D

Back