I have an x-fi gamer (have had it for a while) on an MSI p43 motherboard. Although I know creative gets blasted here, I am generally happy with my sound through my 2.1 speakers (logitech z-2300) or through headphones connected to the z-2300 headphone port. However, when I game, I prefer to use my headset so I have to plug into my front panel audio connector to access the speaker plug. When I do that, I get some low static or intermittent electrical interference of some sort as a background noise. I assume I am picking up electrical interference from the motherboard/PSU but haven't figured out how to solve it.
Anyone know any quick fixes for this?
As you can tell from the above, I am not an audiophile but do like clear sound. I understand that the x-fi gamer front port connections share power with the rear panel connections. Is this card just crippled for front panel applications?
Anyone know any quick fixes for this?
As you can tell from the above, I am not an audiophile but do like clear sound. I understand that the x-fi gamer front port connections share power with the rear panel connections. Is this card just crippled for front panel applications?