friggin audigy 2

I bought two audigy 2's, and my friend bought one too. All were brand new unopened so I thought wow what a deal we got.
everyone of them has mad static on either the rear or the center channel, its the rear on two of them and the center on the last one.
We both have logitech speakers but I have the 5500 he has the cheapest 5.1's logitech sells.
Is this a common thing with audigy 2's? Seems mad funny we got three and all three were f'ed up. Should I mess with replacement RMA or should I just get a refund and go for the x-fi?
Assuming an audigy 2 would work is there a difference in music and gaming enough to warrant double the price. I literally bought my two cards for the price of one x-fi.

Twig and Berries said:
Is this a common thing with audigy 2's?

I used my old Audigy 2 for many years with several types of speakers and never had this problem. What app are you using when you hear static? ie winamp, playing a game, watching dvds etc etc ??? Maybe its the app?

Weirdly, my Audigy 2 hated when I used certain USB sockets, it would make little squeaking noises (appropriatly enough) when I moved my mouse wheel.

And yes, I did get static on particular channels, but changing pci slot fixed it.

Back