fried my 2.4c?

Dillusion

Supreme [H]ardness
got my WCing yesterday, tested it for 28 hours installed it, and it worked.....but i wasnt sure about my installation of my dtek spir@al waterblock...when i went into pc health it said my cpu was idling at 55 c, and it went down to 54c, i cleared my cmos, saved it, and when i rebooted it said NTLDR, blach blah. So i shut it down, and now it wont turn back on...did i fry my cpu? all the power wires are connected, my mobo light turns on, but nothing boots up when i press the power button.

specs are:
abit is7-e
2.4c slz63
corsair 3500 c2pt
9800 pro
36gb raptor
80gb maxtor sata

any ideas?

Make sure your CPU cooler is seated properly. Clear the CMOS and try again. If your motherboard is beeping or anything, your CPU should still be alive.

i took the speaker out, so iono if its beeping, i dont know how to install this spiral waterblock thing, anyone know how? i feel dumb :rolleyes:

does ur powersupply even turn on? could be that ur power supply died. i rarely hear p4 procs die.

If i remember right P4's will just slow themselves down to a crawl clockspeed wise if they start getting too hot. IE - THG video

itsa not my psu, my mobo light turns on. all the mobo lights do on, but when i press the power button it just wont turn on, i cant check for beeps cause the fans wont spin, no power except the mobo lights! i had it working for like 5 minutes, now it wont. the Wb came with isntructions but theres no pictures =/

sounds like your psu and the motherboard should be able to beep without speakers, i know mine does....unless i'm mistaken on that

got it working, dont know why, after school i just plugged it in and it works now :/ good tho, 35c idle, from 48 on air

Back