Fresh install of on-board LAN drivers **desperate**

Phantom_24

n00b
Have an issue where I screwed up the drivers on my Abit AA8-3rd Eye mobo. I had the Abit Gigabit drivers running fine, but my curiosity got the best of me and I installed Realtek's latest drivers for the on-board LAN.

My problem is that while my download speeds seem fine, my web pages render dial up slow !! I've tried uninstalling both driver versions, with no luck and it only gets worse. Thought the trouble might be Firefox, which I removed and re-installed with no luck on that either. I also notice the same problem with IE as well.

Is there any tools/tricks for scrubbing LAN drivers from WinXP Pro, or are there some settings I should be looking at within Windows??

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'd hate to have to nuke my Windows install just to fix some LAN issues (No spare LAN cards available either for a quick fix)

:(

I also checked the services settings, and everything seems in place on that. Bandwidth tests show my cable speeds to be within 3000-4000kbps, and dowloading actual files seem fine.

With the web pages, it's pretty much hit or miss. Either the web page or site loads fine, or ot takes over 10seconds to load a simple page like /. or it seems to hang and the browser can't "find" the web page altogether.

I ran both Spybot and Ad-Aware looking for hitchikers, as well as a full Norton AV scan (with latest update). All 3 programs came up clean !!

Hate to put too much praise into it, as I thought they were pretty much snake oil, but I tried one of those cable modem MTU tweakers, and what ever it did, it popped back what ever setting got screwed up from my driver mishap.

Thumbs up to WinTools.net Pro !!

Back