Freezing at BIOS.

c0rrupt

Weaksauce
I have an HP Pavilion 6835 and it is freezing at the blue HP screen. It doesn't beep or anything. I cant get into setup or do anything. I removed all expansion cards, HD is hooked up correctly, even tried resetting the bios by removing the cmos battery. CPU and PSU fans are on also. Can anyone help me please?

Also try unplugging anything connected to a USB port. I have some P4s at work that won't POST if a USB thumb drive is plugged in.

Basically strip the machine down to just the motherboard with power supply hooked up and see if you get a POST indication.
Then start reinstalling things one at a time. Ususally starting with video card, memory, harddrives, other expansion cards.

Just take it one step at a time to find out what may be causing the issue.

Frank4d said:
Also try unplugging anything connected to a USB port. I have some P4s at work that won't POST if a USB thumb drive is plugged in.
This is common unfortunately.

djnes said:
This is common unfortunately.

add ipods to that list...

there are a number of people who will post about the computer freezing during random points during the boot process and they never know what causes it. sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. then they unplug the ipod, and everything is great.

I was that guy once :(

Thanks for all the help. I removed the ram and it gave an error code, and when I put it back in it started working again. Maybe the ram was loose in the slot or something..strange.

Back