• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Freezer radiator thingies?

t0x1k

Gawd
Joined
Aug 1, 2003
Messages
678
Has anyone thought of using those large grill things from the back of freezers as a fanless radiator?

We just put out a freezer for trash and it's got one that's about 2.75' x 4.25'. Although the tubing isn't thick, maybe as thick as a pencil, would this be efficient? I'm thinking of ripping it off for future watercooling purposes.
I thought this would be pretty cool, I could just mount it to the back of my desk.
 
LOL.

Thats made for high pressure gas, not water. Phase change.
Assuming you can get your system pluggedin/connected to it, it would have abysmal flow rates due to its smaller interior diameter.
 
Back
Top