• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Freenas & ZFS Spare Disk

kidchunks

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 26, 2011
Messages
110
Is it possible for freenas (7.2) to attach a spare to a mirror (4 disk) zpool via the web gui? Searched around and only see a way to do it through the CLI. Which is fine but freenas doesn't save the pool when I reboot. I have to import the on-disk zfs config.

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
I would recommend against freenas due to being old and moldy. The new one is still very rough around the edges. Either try zfsguru or openindiana+napp-it.
 
I would recommend against freenas due to being old and moldy. The new one is still very rough around the edges. Either try zfsguru or openindiana+napp-it.

Thanks for the suggestions, but both require a disk for installation. I'm looking for an embedded(usb flash) solution with zfs+iscsi support.
 
I just run the whole os off my usb stick, runs fine for me.

Running ISCSI with 4 vm's on it.

Ah I thought zfsguru couldn't do iscsi, I'll give it a shot. Which version are you running?

I just installed OI with napp-it (took less than an hour) and so far its working fine.
 
Ah I thought zfsguru couldn't do iscsi, I'll give it a shot. Which version are you running?

I just installed OI with napp-it (took less than an hour) and so far its working fine.

Im running freenas 8.2 ( probably updated )

Hostname: dashpuppy.local
OS Version: FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p1
Platform: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz
System Time: Sun Aug 7 20:28:09 PDT 2011
Uptime: 8:28PM up 13 days, 4:50, 0 users
Load Average: 0.11, 0.05, 0.01
FreeNAS Build: FreeNAS-8.0-RELEASE-amd64
 
I gave freenas 8.0 a spin (didn't try the beta or nightly builds) and the gui seemed sluggish and unresponsive at times.
 
I gave freenas 8.0 a spin (didn't try the beta or nightly builds) and the gui seemed sluggish and unresponsive at times.

single or dual nic cards ?

I started with 8.0, it auto updated to 8.2.

I have dual NIC's in mine,

One for management, one for tie ISCSI to talk to.
 
single or dual nic cards ?

Dual for lan and dual for iscsi traffic. I'll give the beta or nightly a try and see if I experience the sluggish web gui. I find it odd that no one has had a similar experience. I've tested it on two systems and both experienced the same thing.
 
Back
Top