Free MMO

nvaccaro

n00b
I was thinking about trying a free MMO because I have some free time during my school break. I was just wondering what one would be best. I like pve more than pvp but would prefer anything that isnt a grindfest.

grind fest.. thats all free mmo's sorry man, but from the ones I have played prob requiem is the best

Runescape is a decent waste of time if you can look past the graphics, also it will play on any computer, and no need to buy any software.

Guild Wars is an exceptional free to play MMO that is PvP focused, you just have to buy the $50.00 boxed copy for install disks. The computer requirements are also low, and it looks pretty good graphically. It is a grinder, but level cap is 20.. so not that big of a deal.

Tabula Rasa is free now but the game is going to be shut down at the end of January I believe. Fun for a little while I suppose. *shrug*

ea needs to stop funding mmos lol..

motor city online didnt last either but i loved that game

yea all free mmos will be grind fests

I am currently beta testing Runes of Magic. It's in open beta now so you can head over to their website and download and start playing if you want. Im on artemis if you need help let me know

Tabula Rasa is free now but the game is going to be shut down at the end of January I believe. Fun for a little while I suppose. *shrug*

Tabula Rasa closes in February. Hellgate: London closes in January.

Runescape and Shadowbane are probably the 2 best free MMOG's. Runescape's subscription numbers tell a lot, and Shadowbane is a good PVP game.

Anarchy Online - the basic game is still free to play. It's going on 8 years old, lots of content, and they're working on both expansions and a total graphic update.

Runescape and Shadowbane are probably the 2 best free MMOG's. Runescape's subscription numbers tell a lot, and Shadowbane is a good PVP game.

Shadowbane definitely ranks up there for PVP. The game is maybe 20% PVm and 80% PVP. Siege warfare is great. Taking down rivaling factions (their castles) is awesome.

You can try Runes of Magic, it's a huge download thought 3.7 gigs. It is currently in open beta.

you could have a look into Silkroad Online, typical Korean MMO grindfest but its fun if you find a good guild. sunk a whole summer into that game.....never again...

you could have a look into Silkroad Online, typical Korean MMO grindfest but its fun if you find a good guild. sunk a whole summer into that game.....never again...

Don't even go near SRO, wasted 6 months on it. Got to level 59 and took me a couple hours of grinding to even get 1% to my next level. You'll also find that Joymax GM's are lazy and do nothing to deter the hundreds of gold botters that will be killing all the mobs you need to kill. You'll also find that SRO has a horrible community of players for the most part. Of course I haven't played since March but this was my personal experience.

I agree Silkroad sux ass nuff said!

I am currently beta testign runes of magic and am having fun. Downloadign it sux but its a good game. Im on the artemis server under the name korvath!

Also I never tried runescape beofre and I just started trying it out. Its pretty in depth i like it so far.

i've been testing out zero online...not too bad...pretty fast leveling......and also waiting for priston tale 2...

I have played this one some, seems very nice. Although you will have to do some grinding.

Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Online
http://megaten.aeriagames.com/

In order to get away from the grindfest you should try a regular good old RPG. All MMO's turn out to be a grind fest sooner or later.

Back