Free Linspire + 30 Day Support...

enraged78

Gawd
Searched the Forums and found that someone had the old coupon code posted from mid last year. Just found this by Googling....

1.) Go to http://www.linspire.com/btorder
2.) Click Apply Coupon
3.) Enter code "lindows" without the quotes.
4.) Price drops from $49.99 to $0.00
5.) Check out.
6.) You do need to register with linspire to get the support for this product and access to the registered forums. Use the bittorrent plug-in to download the .ISO, and you're good to go. Took me 15 minutes to D/L the .ISO on my work connection. Gotta love legitamate O/S research.

Can't beat free with a stick.

..And if you need anything else, here's some ants.

Matt.

I got in on this offer last year when it was first posted. I could never get Linspire to install on my system though, it locks up right after I boot to install cd, at a step called something like "configuring installation" or something. Even grabbed the newest install iso, same thing. Oh well. I got SUSE Linux which is free as of about a month ago.

I hope some of you have better luck with the o/s. If it doesn't work and you are still looking for a Linux install, try SUSE. :)

Thanks for reminding us that it still works :D

Here are the requirements if anyone's interested:

* PC with 800 MHz or higher processor**
* 128 MB of RAM (256 MB or higher recommended for best performance)**
* Hard drive**
* 1024 x 768 or higher resolution and monitor* (3-D graphics accelerator card for some games, screen savers, etc.)
* CD-ROM or DVD drive, Keyboard & Mouse
* Linspire-compatible sound card and speakers or headphones**
* Linspire-compatible 56 Kbps hardware modem, cable modem, or DSL modem**
* Ethernet card for Internet/LAN connectivity**

I got mine but I am not crazy about bit torrents.

I was always taught that if you have extra that you should share but I could of d/l-ed it in 2/3 thirds the time it took to d/l it.

Why don't they offer to mail it for those on dial-up? :confused:

Don't get me wrong most of all stuff that is free is good.

Well, the CNR (click n Run) feature of Linspire looks awesome, especially for linux noobs (like myself), but it's $49 bucks a year. Oh well. I'll try Debian and Aptget and see if that's any better.

Was an easy install though, I didn't do hardly anything. Everything is there for someone that just wants to surf or get e-mail. I was really hoping this would be the version for me. Right now my personal favorite is still Fedora Core 3.

Installation worked fine for me. Their CNR software installation program seems really nice but it's a $50 per year subscription = sucks.

Might have to load Mandrake 10.1 back on my linux box... or atleast dual boot. This seems like a pretty nice version but without the CNR it seems like just another flavor. It's kinda crippleware because the ease of access to manual configurations like most flavors is not inherent here.

cnr, appget, emerge.. all teh same basic function, just different *nix based flavors.. *well debain is bsd, but ya get the point*

Veeb0rg said:
cnr, appget, emerge.. all teh same basic function, just different *nix based flavors.. *well debain is bsd, but ya get the point*
I have to be the first to flame this...
DEBIAN IS NOT BSD!!! ITS LINUX!!!
OMFG...
figures coming from someone who can't even spell the.

Liberal Tugboat said:
I have to be the first to flame this...
DEBIAN IS NOT BSD!!! ITS LINUX!!!
OMFG...
figures coming from someone who can't even spell the.

Wow! :eek: Overreact much?

Yeah, it's been a long week at work... I deal all week with people who know nothing about computers...
"Im not sure where to plug my mouse into my 'hard drive'."
AHHHHH
hehe... sorry

Liberal Tugboat said:
Yeah, it's been a long week at work... I deal all week with people who know nothing about computers...
"Im not sure where to plug my mouse into my 'hard drive'."
AHHHHH
hehe... sorry
Add to the list my Coffee cup holder is broken, or even better the foot pedal isn't working or my favorite is when i worked at Staples a customer asked me if we sell audio floppy disks!!!. :)

they always give their product out for free... =P

I remember making wallpapers for Linspire 4 months ago.

Bummer it's not the new 5.0 version...but I'm downloading it anyway...thanks for the heads up :)

try using linspire4ra to get the new Five-0. A friend told me about it and it does work.

I downloaded 4.5 with the same offer. It worked just now with 5.0. Well, I didn't like the subscription part of CNR, but now that there is a way to disable it and use apt-get I'm all for it! :D

I did everything in post one and when i went to "My Linspire" my only choice for a CD BT d/l was 4.5. How did you ge 5.0?

Back