Free antivirus software (Now that AVG Free is on its death bed)

I am perfectly happy with AVG 7.5. Deathbed? AVG isn't going anywhere, they just told people to upgrade from 7.1 to 7.5.
Clamwin doesn't come with on-access scanning, unless you get a second app from another place. I have heard of Avast, but never tried it. I don't recognize Active Antivirus Shield.

I would recommend sticking with AVG 7.5 free. It's not on it's deathbed....

Wait....i thought avg free is headed out the door? I keep getting notices that its updates stop as of the end of january... Version is 7.1.409, am i just retarded and need to move to the 7.5 version?

rgratto2 said:
Wait....i thought avg free is headed out the door? I keep getting notices that its updates stop as of the end of january... Version is 7.1.409, am i just retarded and need to move to the 7.5 version?

Yup.

deathbed? last i remember it just required users to upgrade to 7.5 and 7.0 was on its last breath. but anyways, I use to use AVG for many years till i upgrade after fixing my friends laptop which had over 300 viruses. Antivir detected more viruses than AVG just off my experience. I've heard Avast is great but heavy on the resources compared to AVG and Antivir

Hit HouseCall a few times a week. Save yourself the hassles of AV software... if you've GOT to have AV software then stop being cheap and buy NOD32. It's the best there is...

Back