Since I've been digging around trying to find details on some specifics of my new Forte, I tripped over something else that never stood out at me about the Xonar until today (after I bought a Forte):
AEC.
We have a habit of doing family video calls with speakers so the kids can keep in touch with grandparents while they are snowbirding and echo is a PITA, even with AEC routines from the software people (Sightspeed) and the web cam drivers (Logitech).
Google generally brings up AEC mentioned as a feature, even a defining feature (how did I miss that before?) but I never see any reviewers USING it, testing it, or even showing how it is configured.
Anyone used the feature on the Xonar that can comment on how well it works for games, voice or video calls using speakers? I'm wondering if this, plus the way gaming sound isn't using EAX anyways, are reasons to ditch the Forte for a Xonar D2X. Two channel audiophile listening isn't a big part of my PC audio world, hence my "game"/"entertainment" oriented choice of the Forte.
Or, does the X-Fi/Forte also include AEC features but no one talks about it?
AEC.
We have a habit of doing family video calls with speakers so the kids can keep in touch with grandparents while they are snowbirding and echo is a PITA, even with AEC routines from the software people (Sightspeed) and the web cam drivers (Logitech).
Google generally brings up AEC mentioned as a feature, even a defining feature (how did I miss that before?) but I never see any reviewers USING it, testing it, or even showing how it is configured.
Anyone used the feature on the Xonar that can comment on how well it works for games, voice or video calls using speakers? I'm wondering if this, plus the way gaming sound isn't using EAX anyways, are reasons to ditch the Forte for a Xonar D2X. Two channel audiophile listening isn't a big part of my PC audio world, hence my "game"/"entertainment" oriented choice of the Forte.
Or, does the X-Fi/Forte also include AEC features but no one talks about it?