Hey all,
I just bought a 40GB laptop hdd and enclosure for it, thinking I'll make this nice pocket sized hard drive. Thing is I can't get it to format. I installed it into the enclosure, hooked it up via usb and windows won't recognize it. Disk Management doesn't see it either when I try to use that. When I do hook it up, it continuously clicks, recalibrating? Could that mean that there's not enough power getting to it? Any help appreciated.
Links to hdd, enclosure:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822152501
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817145329
I just bought a 40GB laptop hdd and enclosure for it, thinking I'll make this nice pocket sized hard drive. Thing is I can't get it to format. I installed it into the enclosure, hooked it up via usb and windows won't recognize it. Disk Management doesn't see it either when I try to use that. When I do hook it up, it continuously clicks, recalibrating? Could that mean that there's not enough power getting to it? Any help appreciated.
Links to hdd, enclosure:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822152501
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817145329