Foobar ASIO Output & X-Fi

blackwinterday

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 2, 2007
Messages
145
I get this error message when i select Creative ASIO drivers as output. Do you know what i'm doing wrong?

asioerrorkr9.jpg
 
The ASIO plugin for foobar .9.x is so annoying, I don't even use it anymore. :mad: Every time you change modes in the X-Fi, you have to recreate an "ASIO Virtual Device". If you don't, (depending on what mode you switched too) you will either get that error message or it will work for a few songs then crash foobar.

And it's not Creative's ASIO drivers either because Otachan's ASIO plugin for foobar .8.3 works perfectly. The worst part about is that it seems like Peter (the developer for foobar) has fallen off the earth (he hasn't posted in a few months). I mean foosion says a new version of foobar is in the works, but I'm starting to get skeptical. Sigh...:( ...
 
Do you guys find that out of the available output plugins that ASIO is the way to go for sound quality?
 
I'm an XP user so bypassing kmixer is always a good idea. Having said that, I haven't tested to see if I can hear much of a difference (I doubt it). ASIO and kernel streaming are, for all intents and purposes, identical but I find kernel streaming rather unstable on my PC. I'd probably go with kernel streaming if it was stable, if only to avoid the virtual devices hassle.

I also like independence from XP's volume control for music.
 
I use Winamp, have tried Foo but I get your opinions as I have access to these same plugins for output. I will have to run some test later.
 
ASIO is built on top of Kernel Streaming, so they will sound identical. It's basically personal preference which one you use.
 
I have personally been using the freeware audio burst resampler output plugin. I am not sure if it's available to foobar or not. Sounds awsome though.
 
Why would you want to "resample" your audio? :confused: But yes, foobar does have SRC (sample rate converter).
 
it's a nice lean plugin. I leave it defaulted, still find it sounds better then normal D-sound plugs, I experiment all the time with plugins. Do you use any Mp3 or just Flac.etc..
 
If you have an Audigy or Soundblaster Live (or something else that resamples everything, badly) I can understand using a resampler, else it's pointless at best.
 
Thanks for the contribution but what the heck are you talking about please? :D

Anyway i solved my own problem. I hadn't install drivers and applications from original cd, just the latest driver from creative's website. Now i've installed all thingies and old drivers from the cd and problem solved.
 
I use FLAC but I know WavPack is smaller. I used to use Monkey's Audio and that's smaller too. I use FLAC for...no particular reason. xD
 
Back
Top