• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Folding with wine

drdeutsch

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
3,775
So I started running a FAH client on my Ubuntu box with Wine. When I install it, I get the usual "Do you want to install this as a service?"

I'm guessing that even if I answer yes, it won't install as a service, since I'm running it through wine, right?

What would be the easiest way to run the command "wine FAH504-Console.exe -forceasm" on startup?

Thanks,

 
run the linux one...

or get more wine b/c ur going to need it

 
kudos to obvious jokes. :)

Not a big deal. Just trying an experiment for a few weeks.... I read in another thread that since some WUs only get assigned to winFAH, you'll get a higher PPD running the windows console under Wine. We shall see....

Besides, it gives me another chance to learn a little something more about Linux.

 
dual boot and have a f@H partion on HD and use linux client and then just boot windows when it is time to get new WU

 
I suggest you look at the Ubuntu Wiki page on booting and use finstall for the install; it's easy and automated. The wiki bit comes in because I think finstall doesn't do everything ubuntu-specific; try it first (reboot and see if FAH starts) and then mess with things.

 
have you tried the ubuntu light? it's less filling
 
I'm an AmberUbuntu man myself.
But DosUbuntu is pretty good too.

Gotta love the dark Ubuntu!

 
Back
Top