• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Folding on a Linux Cluster?

xtrmhp

n00b
Joined
Jul 7, 2005
Messages
1
I have a stack of Dell Optiplex G200's and I working on building a small cluster with them. Since I'm making the cluster for the fun of it... I may as well put it to work.

Has anyone tried to fold on a Linux cluster? Does anyone have any tips or tricks for doing it?
 
This sounds awfully familiar... Fold-server is designed to do exactly this (I'm the author), and Crashsector is using it on a bunch of Optiplexes (Optiplice?). It's not exactly a cluster, but you install fold-server on one machine and netboot the others.

Clusters don't work well with FAH; it's designed for independent machines. It only allows 8 machine IDs, so any more than 8 processors will go unused.

 
Back
Top