FlashFXP and Xbox, how to?

barefootbilly

Limp Gawd
I've done this in the past and now i'm stumped. I backed up a lot of files to my xbox hard drive (modded) with hopes of just ftp'ing them back. Now I can't get into the xbox.

Using flashfxp:
Server or URL: 192.168.1.5 (ip addy that i got from the xbox screen)
user name: xbox
password: xbox
(Local Area Connection 2)

The connection just times out.

What's not working here? I'm thinking it's problems in my network connections that i haven't messed with yet, but I have no clue where to start. Plus I'm having problems with the network driver (Marvell Gigabit), how do i check if i got those working right?

couldn't find where on the evox screen. I've done this before and I haven't changed anything on the xbox, just my settings in xp got set back after reformatting.

Is your computer located in the same subnet as your xbox? (192.168.1.*)

Is the "use passive mode" option on the tab "Toggles" from "Quick Connect" in FlashFXP unchecked?

HTH
Frank Knube

yes

and it's checked. When I turn on the xbox, plugged straight into my pc, a network connection appears in the bottom right and says "acquiring network address", and after a minute it says it is limited or no connectivity. :(

It sounds like your PC is trying to get an address via DHCP and failing, because the XBox is not a DHCP server (obviously). Instead, try setting both the XBox and PC to static IPs (i.e.: 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2) and then connecting from one to the other.

i think that's how it's set up now...

xbox: 192.168.1.5
pc: 192.168.1.1

for flash fxp, wouldn't i just type in 192.168.1.5 as the server/url?

I'm thinking it may have something to do with the motherboard, drivers, settings, for that port because obviously the other ethernet port is working just fine as i'm online.

:confused:

so the desktop is set with the static IP of 192.168.1.1?

Gotta be static for a direct connection to the Xbox.

so what do i do?

edit, I found this: click on quick connect, type in the xbox ip address (default is 192.168.0.3, but you can change it if you have evox or something similar) plus the user name (xbox) and password (xbox) and it should connect up. From there you can delete folders, move them, add files etc etc.

That's what i did before, but it's not working now!

:(

if you have a firewall up, you need to allow flashfxp, in evox, you can adjust the ip address, so that it mathes you comps addy. go to system utils, settings, then you can change the link to your addy....make sure these things are the same as your comp XXX.XXX.XXX.??? make the question marks something diff other than your computers! I believe thats how I got mine to work. Also it sounds like you have it connecting directly to your computer correct? well do you have a patch cable or crossover cable? You need a crossover cable if you are not using a router.

As of now, I am having the same problems, I can get the signal from the xbox, but I cannot connect for the life of me

Back