• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

FLAC file, DTS encoding...How to play?

450

Fully [H]
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Messages
20,977
My friend has a file that is .flac and according to him is DTS encoded. What's the simplest way to get the file to play on his laptop? (no DTS capable receiver nearby)
 
VLC, which you can get at www.videolan.org. I don't know if it will directly play the DTS FLAC file, or if you'll need to de-FLAC it to WAV first, but you can try the FLAC straight. It can read FLAC, and it can decode DTS.
 
OK, I just tried VLC and all I get is the hiss - which I think means that its trying to decode it as a FLAC and doesn't see that it is DTS. I also changed the file extension from .flac to .wav and then .dts but neither yielded any positive results. :(

How do I "de-FLAC" this file? Do I just do a FLAC to WAV conversion?
 
Back
Top