FireFox NOOo!!!

slaya

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey, i've been using Firefox for quite some time now and untill a few days ago I was in love with it. The other day I closed firefox and a couple of minutes later went to start it again, a small window came up saying select profile or something, i've never seen this before and when I clicked default it said something like can't get in, I totally forgot so I just clicked new profile.. and now obviously everything is GONE, and i'm really pissed off because I had a lot of extensions which are now gone, and more importantly some favorties which I need really bad.. anyone know if i could possibly get my stuff back?

Favorites should just be in your profile directory... %AppData%\firefox\profiles\... is the current location. Definitely based out of %AppData% though.

However, most of the time, when the profile select appears, it just means you've got a zombie process. Check your task manager and see if firefox is still running, and kill it off.

Yeah, you shouldn't have lost everything. When you logged in with a profile, you logged in as a "new user" as far as Firefox was concerned. So the other profile, or default profile should still have all your stuff.

For the record:

Firefox keeps all your stuff (as of version 0.9.x) here:

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\<YOUR USER NAME>\Application Data\Firefox\Profiles\<some profile name>

Also, you can load the profile manager by starting Firefox with a '-p' argument.

Also note: Application Data is a hidden folder.

this only happens if firefox has CRASHED..

You can tell if you close firefox, and open up Windows Task Manager (Ctrl - Alt - Del) and still see it RUNNING.

Close/stop the process firefox.exe

When you do that, you will not see the msg popup like that again.

Back