SarverSystems
Supreme [H]ardness
- Joined
- Feb 9, 2002
- Messages
- 7,408
The following questions are for anyone who currently owns a fingerprint scanner.
1: Do you like it?
2: Any quirks I should know about?
3: Does it work anywhere a password is needed, including web pages, email accounts, front page, ftp programs, windows logon, password protected documents (word, excel, etc...)
4: What happens if the fingerprint scanner is disconnected?
5: Any advantage to a standalone scanner as opposed to the Microsoft version that is embedded into a keyboard?
6: Is the password documented anywhere so if the scanner fails to read my print I can manually override it?
These are all questions for myself (not a customer), and yes, I did some research, but these are all "opinionated" questions that a review or spec sheet won't answer.
I am looking to get one to take care of every password I could ever need.
Also, and good reviews of the readers out there? I haven't found a whole lot.
1: Do you like it?
2: Any quirks I should know about?
3: Does it work anywhere a password is needed, including web pages, email accounts, front page, ftp programs, windows logon, password protected documents (word, excel, etc...)
4: What happens if the fingerprint scanner is disconnected?
5: Any advantage to a standalone scanner as opposed to the Microsoft version that is embedded into a keyboard?
6: Is the password documented anywhere so if the scanner fails to read my print I can manually override it?
These are all questions for myself (not a customer), and yes, I did some research, but these are all "opinionated" questions that a review or spec sheet won't answer.
I am looking to get one to take care of every password I could ever need.
Also, and good reviews of the readers out there? I haven't found a whole lot.