Fingerprint reader not working (HP laptop)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobusta1

2[H]4U
I have an HP DV8 (sig rig) and it has a fingerprint reader that is beyond useful for logging into window, webforums, email etc. It's not longer working, I'm not sure what happened because it just stopped a few hours ago out of no where when it was working just fine.

I actually think that the hardware of the fingerprint reader might be broken because device manager DOES NOT have a section called "personaly identification software" which is what I found to be the section that the fingerprint reader is suppose to be under.

If anyone has experience with this I could really use some help

NIQ9R.png

Incase someone does a search on this forum and is having the same problem:

just got a fix from HP that worked for me. I tried all of the procedures suggested above, and they did not work. This fix consists of two simple procedures:

1. Release the 'flea' (static) power from hardware components
2. Reset the BIOS

I don't know which one fixed the problem, because I did both before rebooting. Here are the steps from HP:

Procedure 1: Release the 'flea' (static) power from hardware components
A static discharge is done to remove all the static charge that may have been stored on your notebook, as this static charge can interfere with the applications running in the processor and may cause such issues.

1. Disconnect the power cord from the Notebook.
2. Remove the battery as instructed below.
3. Slide and hold the battery release latch to the unlock position.
4. Use your finger to grasp the notch on the bottom of the bezel and slide the battery out of the battery bay.
5. Press the Power button for 30 Seconds and release.
6. Reseat the Battery as instructed below.
7. Slide the battery into the battery bay until the battery release latch clicks.
8. Now connect the AC Adaptor, and press Power button for 5 seconds to turn the Notebook ON.
Step 2: Remove all external devices and reset BIOS to defaults :
This step would make the notebook hardware to revert back to factory specified electrical and thermal operating limits.
* Power on your notebook.
* Immediately press the F10 key on the keyboard to enter the system BIOS menu.
* Press the F9 key to reset the BIOS defaults.
* Press the F10 Key to save the changes and restart the computer

Procedure 2: Remove all external devices and reset BIOS to defaults
This step would make the notebook hardware to revert back to factory specified electrical and thermal operating limits.

* Power on your notebook.
* Immediately press the F10 key on the keyboard to enter the system BIOS menu.
* Press the F9 key to reset the BIOS defaults.
* Press the F10 Key to save the changes and restart the computer.

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-32505-fingerprint-reader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back